CBJ and the Student Section

WRE3

...and please pay no more!
CBJ wants more involvement from the student body at the games and is wanting to give them a name. I thought it would be fun to see what ideas we could come up with.

I believe the basketball student section goes by the "Rocky Top Rowdies." I think that's a good place to start.

Reactions: 1 person
Orange Nation banned. And that's a good thing.

medium_Tennessee_Volunteers_Girls_Pics.jpg

Why was it banned? And why is it a good thing?

probably because when it existed students could enter the game without additional charge....the Orange Nation was for students who payed extra to have a guaranteed spot in the first 20 something rows and a t-shirt.

they probably got rid of it when they made all students pay a rate to go to the games.

edit: found a link ORANGE NATION - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Benefits
As the only student organization directly involved with The University of Tennessee Athletic Department, ORANGE NATION members receive exclusive benefits enjoyed only by ORANGE NATION members.

Benefits Include:

Block seating at UT Football Games
ORANGE NATION's ticket block holds approximately 1,000 students and is located in Sections D, E, and F, Rows 1 - 10.

Access to selected practices
ORANGE NATION members will be invited to attend selected VOLS football and basketball practices throughout the year.
Interaction with UT players and coaches
Monthly meetings will be held during which UT coaches and administrators will address the ORANGE NATION. Members of ORANGE NATION also will be given the opportunity to meet and talk with UT athletes.
Free T-Shirt
ORANGE NATION members will be given a free t-shirt that will allow them to gain entry into the ORANGE NATION ticket-block.

Last edited:
As a student, I like the idea of having a name for our section. However, the problem lies in that as students, we will probably never agree on a good name.

Used to be Orange Nation right? They got rid of that if I recall correctly.

Yeah it only went from 2004-2009 I believe. It was fun in 2004 and 2005 because it was first come first serve seating, which meant there were a lot of students there all through warm-ups. Halfway through 2005 they started assigning seats in the Orange Nation section and that kind of started the downfall of it IMO.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back