CBJ Bringing Huge Crowds to Big Orange Caravan

Let me ask a question ? How many of Nick Saban's ,Urban Meyars,Les Miles Qb's have been taken in the top ten NFL classes in the last five years? D Russell????

Here's my first post. I am completely lost how anyone that has followed this program thinks quarterback is the problem, or offense is the problem. On the offensive side of the ball I'm much more concerned with the receiver corps than the quarterback talent as all 4 starters from a year ago are currently on NFL rosters - that's alot of lost tallent. The QB didn't get drafted by the best tallent evaluators alive. Anyone besides me think Bray's tallents were magnified by an elite colllection of college receiving tallent? While Bray certainly has great arm strength, maybe a different QB with adequate arm strength, superior game prep resulting in proper check downs, and superior leadership qualities will produce better results? One things for certain, whoever wins the QB position won't be throwing to senior super tallented receivers.

Enough has come out now that everyone should have a fairly clear picture of how inept of a leader Dooley was at the helm of the big orange ship. Assistants leaving in droves, no relationships with the players, no respect for the alumni players....he really didn't have what it took to inspire an organization to come together and be greater than the sum of the individual parts. CBJ appears that he may be different and I hope he proves to be what everyone is hoping for.

Last season the defense was a train wreck. Ironically, this happened with I belive 9 returning starters from the 2011 defense which was a respectable defense. A couple of those returning starters were displaced by Lathers, Sentimore, and McCullers which leads one to think the defensive tallent had improved for 2012 but the coaching disaster happened and everything fell apart. Most of the defensive tallent from 2011 and 2012 is back for 2013 with a new coaching staff. I for one don't think it would be unreasonable for the defense to return to respectability.

Everyone knows the most tallented position on the team is offensive line. While there's not elite tallent at RB, I believe the returning guys were both 4* recruits and I recall Neal was either leading the SEC in rushing or was in 2nd place prior to his injury last season. Am I the only one who envisions a more smash mouth, ball control offense that keeps the defense on the sidelines considerably longer than the pass happy recent seasons.

We do have a QB entering his 3rd year in the program who was the HS Gateraid player of the year. From all appearances Worley is intelligent and hard working. He's put on 20-30 pounds of muscle since arriving in Knoxville. When in the games last year, I thought he performed very respectably and showed above average arm strength. I like our chances with Worley and will be surprised if he doesn't produce a solid year. Who knows how many wins that equates to, but I for one like the direction this thing is heading at the moment.

This is much wisdom for a first post. Keep posting!

Here's my first post. I am completely lost how anyone that has followed this program thinks quarterback is the problem, or offense is the problem. On the offensive side of the ball I'm much more concerned with the receiver corps than the quarterback talent as all 4 starters from a year ago are currently on NFL rosters - that's alot of lost tallent. The QB didn't get drafted by the best tallent evaluators alive. Anyone besides me think Bray's tallents were magnified by an elite colllection of college receiving tallent? While Bray certainly has great arm strength, maybe a different QB with adequate arm strength, superior game prep resulting in proper check downs, and superior leadership qualities will produce better results? One things for certain, whoever wins the QB position won't be throwing to senior super tallented receivers.

Enough has come out now that everyone should have a fairly clear picture of how inept of a leader Dooley was at the helm of the big orange ship. Assistants leaving in droves, no relationships with the players, no respect for the alumni players....he really didn't have what it took to inspire an organization to come together and be greater than the sum of the individual parts. CBJ appears that he may be different and I hope he proves to be what everyone is hoping for.

Last season the defense was a train wreck. Ironically, this happened with I belive 9 returning starters from the 2011 defense which was a respectable defense. A couple of those returning starters were displaced by Lathers, Sentimore, and McCullers which leads one to think the defensive tallent had improved for 2012 but the coaching disaster happened and everything fell apart. Most of the defensive tallent from 2011 and 2012 is back for 2013 with a new coaching staff. I for one don't think it would be unreasonable for the defense to return to respectability.

Everyone knows the most tallented position on the team is offensive line. While there's not elite tallent at RB, I believe the returning guys were both 4* recruits and I recall Neal was either leading the SEC in rushing or was in 2nd place prior to his injury last season. Am I the only one who envisions a more smash mouth, ball control offense that keeps the defense on the sidelines considerably longer than the pass happy recent seasons.

We do have a QB entering his 3rd year in the program who was the HS Gateraid player of the year. From all appearances Worley is intelligent and hard working. He's put on 20-30 pounds of muscle since arriving in Knoxville. When in the games last year, I thought he performed very respectably and showed above average arm strength. I like our chances with Worley and will be surprised if he doesn't produce a solid year. Who knows how many wins that equates to, but I for one like the direction this thing is heading at the moment.

very good post. i hope you continue to contribute. i disagree firmly that qb isnt a bigger concern than wr. until we have a player step up and take the starting spot, it has to be the biggest concern. as far as Bray. he obviously fell short of expectations but dont undermine his accomplishments because he had great wide receivers. many of those big plays were a result of arm strength and accuracy. go back and look at CPs first td catch against NC State or DaRick Rogers td catch against Cincy. that offense wasnt a Bama smash mouth offense that you could plug any mediocre qb into. Bray never had a great run game to rely on, nor did he have a defense that could protect a lead. jmo. again, great post.

VN Store

Back