CFB kickoff routine

I never watch a televised game with others. I want to be alone so I can concentrate on every play without someone giving their ignorant opinion on what just happened, and talking through the next play about what should have been done. If I go to the game, for some reason, I am not disturbed or distracted by the screaming fans because they are not talking to me. I just join them in the noise making.

Reactions: 5 people
I never watch a televised game with others. I want to be alone so I can concentrate on every play without someone giving their ignorant opinion on what just happened, and talking through the next play about what should have been done. If I go to the game, for some reason, I am not disturbed or distracted by the screaming fans because they are not talking to me. I just join them in the noise making.

Along those lines I don't get the people that drink to the point of getting drunk during or before a Tennessee game. I want to be totally sober so I can concentrate on the game. Now after the game...I can see drinking to celebrate or drown your sorrows :)

I start every season watching the Sugar Vols ( 1986 thrashing of Miami) at least twice during the 7 days prior to opening day. If i can't go to the game, I prepare a game meal of BBQ and fries with chips and dip and popcorn as snacks throughout game. If not BBQ we make it simple with buying pizza. Games I can make , I get there in plenty of time for VOL walk and listening to rocky top by the Pride. usually buy something from book store and then go in to seats. I usually meet my brother sometime before going into stadium, depending on when he can make it. We tried to make it easy to find each other by identifying ourselves. I'm the one wearing orange. LOL . My grandson is five months today, so this will change as soon as he is big enough to go to the games with me. He will be a five star recruit in year 2030, thus his name is Peyton, but nickname is 5 star. GO VOLS, Its time ladies and gentlemen its football time in Tennessee.(almost)
Hear the legend below.....

Attachments

• soundbyte.mp3
    333.9 KB · Views: 17
Along those lines I don't get the people that drink to the point of getting drunk during or before a Tennessee game. I want to be totally sober so I can concentrate on the game. Now after the game...I can see drinking to celebrate or drown your sorrows :)

Not a professional, IMO.

I get hammered drunk, if we're losing I take "drowning the pain" shots , if we're winning I take victory shots. 5OT game was rough...

But my rule is, no talking while the games on. You can celebrate or say hell yeah or whatever, but there's no real discussions. You wanna blab, see my wife, she's in the kitchen...

:)

Reactions: 1 person
Starts on Friday before first game. My boss has a tailgate cookout for the whole company at friday. Saturday get up watch game day, when close to game time cook on the grill and get ready for football time in Tennessee Baby

I spend the day cutting grass, fixing things, getting my honey-do list out of the way. That way, there will be no interruptions. An hour before the game, I wash up and kick the kids off the Disney channel. Then I spend an hour trying to figure out which channel may be showing the game up in this God forsaken state. About 15 minutes before the game starts I figure out no one is showing the game up here, so I head to the computer. Now I kick the kids off the computer and give them back the tv. I put a 6 pack next to me in the office and find the link to the game, put on some headphones to prevent any interruptions and pray for victory.

This is all sad but true.

Husband TENNESSEE magnifies the car... leave at least 6-7hrs early, from Woodstock... stop at Cracker Barrel, I-75, Exit 49.. on into Knoxville.. get car parked, demagnified and on down Peyton Manning- be with friends & ready ourselves for the Walk and the Pride.. up into the Terrace for some grub, plop in our seats and LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Basically our routine for each and every home game. :salute: Everyone should experience the electricity on campus on game day... ain't nothing better!!!!

GO V0LS..
GO BIG ORANGE .. :rock:

Ever take the scenic route 575-515-5-68-411? It's a pretty (curving) drive especially in October.

Ever take the scenic route 575-515-5-68-411? It's a pretty (curving) drive especially in October.

Yes we do,, try to do that a couple times during season., we like to stop at the Nantahala to watch kayakers.. We get off at Bryson City and come that way into Cherokee.. Beautiful scenery when then trees are turning or some snow ( I miss snow so much).

Last edited:

Exactly what you said...

I figured since it was 30 days way from the best time of the year I would ask everyone what their routines are on the first day of CFB.

Mine, as I always do, I grab some steaks and grill to a perfect medium well. I make sure my Tennessee hat and shirt are washed so that all bad mojo from the previous season is gone, and I crank up the surround sound and immerse myself in the couch. It may sound boring to some, but that's how I roll.

What say you Volnation?

The COUCH???
I'm at NEYLAND STADIUM!!!!!

VN Store

Back