CFN Preview - Football Time In Tennessee

Not so sure that an 8 win season will qualify it as being a successful one... I'm saying make a bowl game and possible beating someone who we are an underdog to would be the determining factors.

I see at least 6 games we won't be favored in, if we win 8 we'll to beat a couple favored teams.
8 wins is a success to me and a great start.

If Tennessee wins 8 games, that wouldn't simply be successful, that would be a statement.

If UT wins 8 regular season games in 2013, Vols fans should be expecting a national title by 2015.

Even a damn Bammer knows what time it is! First post I've ever seen of Bammerfan's that makes sense. Go Vols! Yeee fkin haaaaaw,boys! The Vols are back! Go Big Orange! Go Vols! We gonna kill Bammer and Aubie this year! Go Vols Go!

If Tennessee wins 8 games, that wouldn't simply be successful, that would be a statement.

If UT wins 8 regular season games in 2013, Vols fans should be expecting a national title by 2015.

Making a statement should be the goal. If CBJ would be happy with .500 football for this year or any year, he shouldn't be our coach. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

WRs are going to be better than people think.
I agree with that. A lot hinges on the development and talent level at the QB position, but a lot of folks forget that we probably have the best OL in the SEC, and will field the biggest group of WR's in the NCAA and in our history. 3 WR's that are 6'4"-6'5" and a 4th who is 6'3".

And Big Mac will be a terror in this 4-3 defense. I think we saw a lot of that in the Spring game. He just kept collapsing the pocket up the middle. Last year, they used him to take up space...and thus underutilized.

If you can't replace them, then why even bother with recruiting...

You must have misread my post, I said in one year. The talent on that team was hard to mistake. The coaching was what brought a SEC championship contending team down to 5-7.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a feeling if Butch doesn't win more than 6 games, some fans will be ready to run him out of town. After what we've seen the last few years, I'll be happy with 6 wins and a bowl game

I do appreciate the optimism of thinking we will win 8 games this year. But, whoever thinks this needs to take a closer look at the quality of the depth (2nd and 3rd string players), the situation at quarterback, and the quality of our opposition. 6 wins should be expected, 7 would mean an upset (hooray!! signature win), and 8 would mean we have entered the twilight zone.

To me, a good season this year is 6-6 with a bowl game. Don't lose the games we should win and don't get blown out in the games we're the underdog in.

8 wins would be an enormous statement but are some of you guys actually expecting that?

To me, a good season this year is 6-6 with a bowl game. Don't lose the games we should win and don't get blown out in the games we're the underdog in.

6-6 would confirm that UT made a major upgrade at head coach.

I do appreciate the optimism of thinking we will win 8 games this year. But, whoever thinks this needs to take a closer look at the quality of the depth (2nd and 3rd string players), the situation at quarterback, and the quality of our opposition. 6 wins should be expected, 7 would mean an upset (hooray!! signature win), and 8 would mean we have entered the twilight zone.

When are we gonna stop with this depth excuse bull****? People have been saying this for five years now and I'm tired of hearing it. We've got the players, lets just hope we have the right guy now that can get us where we need to be.

Ya'll need some Midol!! You sound like a bunch of ........ I'm a VFL and hope we win every game. Isn't that what made us a perennial power house in the first place? Will it happen? Maybe not but this staff gets IT and for the first time in a long while I am truly excited because our young men will not quit in the 4th quarter because our coach won't tolerate that!! GBO, I'll hang up and listen.

VN Store

Back