Charlie High tranferring?

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP 1h

RT @prepxtra: Former CAK QB Charlie High is leaving UT (where he was preferred walk on) and will enroll at Tennessee Tech.
If he had been available in 2009, when Kiffin told Boyd to go elsewhere...while we had no SEC caliber QB on the roster and none else in the recruiting class, he would have had a better chance to see the field

I hope he has a stellar career and earns himself an oustanding degree!

Also, I can't help wondering if his choice to walk-on in Knoxville may have hurt his potential to earn a scholarship at a school with more prestige than TNT.

After all the incredible performances High delivered, I was suprised that he didn't earn a scholarship for FBS. It felt as if he was being disregarded for some reason, but there is always a reason and the scouts know that they're doing (most of the time)...

We did get Josh Smith from the same high-school, but there was another player on that time I really wanted to see in 'Pantone 151'. I think his name is 'Davis Howell III' or maybe just 'Davis Howell'

He did some amazing things and seemed to have the physique (6'1" 191lbs) of a potential D-1 athlete, but his pitfall may be the less-than-attractive 40 time of 4.75s.

Despite the forty time, he was able to produce an incredible career with 358 total catches for 4,702 yards and 59 touchdowns (not including all-purpose #s) with crazy season stats;

a freshman year with 26 catches for 349 yards and three touchdowns

a sopomore season where he caught 84 passes for 1,110 yards and 13 touchdowns

a junior campaign saw him catching 105 passes for 1,424 yards and 19 touchdowns

a senior performance where he compiled 143 catches 1,947 yards and 22 touchdowns -
including a senior year State Championship victory that saw him catch 15 passes for 172 yards and two touchdowns, as CAK beat Milan 48-14 (he played the entire playoff run with a cast protecting a broken thumb, suffered in CAK's regular season finale - a loss to perrenial high-school juggernaut the Alcoa Tornadoes 31-28...

I would have never imagined the person who breaks the national record for career reception did not have an offer from any major college program - the largest to offer was Duke!

Hes at UTC

Davis Howell

Best of luck, Charlie. From the team perspective, this could be a good sign at how Dobbs and/or Riley are progressing with throw arounds (obviously no official practice yet). Hopefully one of them is really emerging. You KNOW they have been throwing some.

charlie is a smart kid why get beat up by the D for 5 years or go to tech and maybe see the field wish him the best

Tech is about to be back in the High Life again just like Stevie Nicks

I wish the kid the best and hope he does well for the Golden Eagles but reading between the lines of a (small) few of these posts make it seem that some thought he had a shot at being the starting Quarterback?

Unless something absolutely insane happened their was no way he would ever see the field in an actual game. Especially with four highly touted (all were rated 4-star out of HS, I think) scholarship Quarterbacks ahead of him.

Did anyone seriously think he had a realistic shot at being the starting QB at Tennessee?

I wish the kid the best and hope he does well for the Golden Eagles but reading between the lines of a (small) few of these posts make it seem that some thought he had a shot at being the starting Quarterback?

Unless something absolutely insane happened their was no way he would ever see the field in an actual game. Especially with four highly touted (all were rated 4-star out of HS, I think) scholarship Quarterbacks ahead of him.

Did anyone seriously think he had a realistic shot at being the starting QB at Tennessee?[

There is a small fraction that believes every walk on especially from the Knoxville will come in start and become All Americans... They only problem with that theory is that there is no evidence that this has happened.

Reactions: 1 person

Did anyone seriously think he had a realistic shot at being the starting QB at Tennessee?[

There is a small fraction that believes every walk on especially from the Knoxville will come in start and become All Americans... They only problem with that theory is that there is no evidence that this has happened.

Exactly what I was going to say. To some just because he's a TN kid he needs to be a take. The pride is understandable, but I remember when Dooley was getting bashed for not offering the kid. People seriously completely overlook the fact that in-state talent, ESPECIALLY E.TN talent/competition, is just sup-par compared to other places. Reason why I don't blame Dooley for not fluffing all the area HS coaches which were mainly bashing him for being a prick and not paying attention to them. They don't have the talent on the regular or abundance to waste time on. To me it frankly just came off as a periodical customer who got pissed b/c u gave a daily customer a better price/service. Then they go bashing u on Yelp or something.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Crickets are deafening!!!seriously!...how do people sleep through this!

Exactly what I was going to say. To some just because he's a TN kid he needs to be a take. The pride is understandable, but I remember when Dooley was getting bashed for not offering the kid. People seriously completely overlook the fact that in-state talent, ESPECIALLY E.TN talent/competition, is just sup-par compared to other places. Reason why I don't blame Dooley for not fluffing all the area HS coaches which were mainly bashing him for being a prick and not paying attention to them. Childesh and pity imo. They don't have the talent on the regular or abundance to waste time on. To me it frankly just came off as a infrequent customer who got pissed b/c u gave a frequent customer a better price/service. Then they go crying and bashing u on Yelp. Which is mostly full of half-truths.

Best of luck to the kid.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They stop for a second....then right back at it!....chirp chirp chirp chirp

VN Store

Back