Chavis to Clemson?

Saw it, too - says Clemson fired their DC, and Chavis is a potential candidate. Also said Chavis expressed interest, but would not say if he had been contacted.

I guess we will see over the next few days or weeks. I know he will land somewhere big

memphis news says Lsu is a strong possibility

Mark Howard on Nashville radio said it looks like he will end up at LSU as well. Mark sometimes seem to make statements that are a day or two old though, so he may have read this on the message boards over the last couple of days.

When he gets to clemson or lsu, he'll immediately start installing his famous "prevent defense".

On WVLT late news, Rick Russo reported LSU & Chavis were coming to terms on contract, per Donnan. FWIW

I have a burning hatred for Clemson...so I'd definitely rather see him go somewhere else. I'd honestly watch and root for his success in the SEC West (not Alabama) far before I'd want Clemson to land a guy like him.

On WVLT late news, Rick Russo reported LSU & Chavis were coming to terms on contract, per Donnan. FWIW

And they would be 100% correct.

I assumed he would retire, as he did mention a few years ago that he didn't want to coach much longer. I guess he enjoys it.

If he does leave I hope he is successful wherever he goes...he deserves it

When people leave UT I could care less how successful they are.

When they leave UT and go to another SEC school I hope they are absolute failures.

When people leave UT I could care less how successful they are.

When they leave UT and go to another SEC school I hope they are absolute failures.

Coach Chavis didn't leave (quit) UT...he was let go.
I wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes.

That being said, I am happy that we are getting Monte Kiffin in here as our new DC. :good!:

Gamecock fans are much more unbearable than Tiger fans. Hands down.

I used to agree 100% with this sentiment, and I even pull for CU from time-to-time, but I'm starting to feel that their fans are every bit as annoying. Especially after going through a coaching search at the same time as them. They're really delusional and quite abrasive. "Cowher met with TDP today!" Shut up.

Especially after going through a coaching search at the same time as them.

Just remind them that Kiffin interviewed at CU, as well, and wanted no part of it. But overall, CU fans are much easier to deal with. It has been really quiet on the Gamecock front this week since their beatdown in Death Valley last weekend. I loved the look on Spurrier's face for the last 3 quarters of that one.

He will have great success at LSU. It's going to be wierd when we face him too, Chief still is as good of a d-coordinator out there.

Last edited:
Coach Chavis didn't leave (quit) UT...he was let go.
I wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes.

That being said, I am happy that we are getting Monte Kiffin in here as our new DC. :good!:

I never said he quit.

And I wish he had simply retired; I now hope he is a complete failure at LSU.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back