Check out these Oregon fans

Frankly, I cant see how a Tennessee fan can claim the OL being "the best in the country". 3rd and 1 vs wku and you cant get a freakin first down? The QB was being hit on 2 TD passes that were wide open?

Im a Vol fan but until this OL dominates a LOS vs a legitmate BCS team, I cant say they are close to the best OL in the country.

Now, that's my pep talk guys...go smack the quack out of the Ducks

I guess the 801 wins are just fantasy.

I liked the part where they said one of our national championships couldn't count because we didn't win our conference that year. Ok, that's a fair point, except that it's still possible in the BCS era to be eligible for a national championship without winning your conference (2004 Oklahoma and 2011 Alabama). Guess what? That will remain a possibility with the new playoff system too.

Frankly, I cant see how a Tennessee fan can claim the OL being "the best in the country". 3rd and 1 vs wku and you cant get a freakin first down? The QB was being hit on 2 TD passes that were wide open?

Im a Vol fan but until this OL dominates a LOS vs a legitmate BCS team, I cant say they are close to the best OL in the country.

Now, that's my pep talk guys...go smack the quack out of the Ducks

Regardless of this years results, I bet you'll get to see at least 4 of them play on Sunday for many years to come.

They don't even know that much about their own team and are trashing our oline:

Tennessee Football: Built on Fake Titles and Delusions - YouTube

Yeah them playing us this year and a couple years ago would've been like us playing them in the 90's or early 2000's before all the coaching changes. We would have slapped 50 + on their pathetic excuse for a football program back then easy!

Like in 2006 when Cal came to Knoxville and we kicked the Hell out of them 35-18 while in that same season the same Cal team kicked the Hell out of Oregon 45-24. They're up...we're down...whatever.

I liked the part where they said one of our national championships couldn't count because we didn't win our conference that year. Ok, that's a fair point, except that it's still possible in the BCS era to be eligible for a national championship without winning your conference (2004 Oklahoma and 2011 Alabama). Guess what? That will remain a possibility with the new playoff system too.

Well you got some children on the internet that pulls for a team that hasn't been relevant in college football but for 10 years or so. They have no true concept of anything logical like that dreVol. All they know is we're in the S.E.C. and they think we are still top 10 material right now.

It truly is Volunteer envy if you ask me. They want what we've grown a custom to...that is all. That is how I take it.

Part of the problem is that college football, until very recently, was an afterthought in Oregon. Football has never been as important as it is in pretty much ANY southeastern state. Now that the Ducks are doing well, you have a lot of new fans coming to the sport that just don't have a good basic understanding of the game. I see it weekly here in Portland, I have to explain things to them that the average Southeasterner knew by the time he was 12. So, yeah, they make themselves look pretty stupid when they shoot off their mouths. With apologies to long time U of O fans, they really have no idea how much they DON'T know about college football here.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey guys, wait wait......one video on Youtube doesn't justify lumping all "Oregon fans" into that category. Can we agree every team has about 10% moron fans and call a truce here?

Doesn't Vanderbilt Football and Kentucky Football share a trophy case?

Sigh. Who cares? These are the same type of idiots who will flame anything, anyone, in regards to any subject. Especially over the Internet.

And google search crazy Vol fans and you'll see the same two clowns wearing orange. Who cares what these idiots have to say?

I don't pay a premium on tradition. Especially in sports. It's a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately enterprise. The Dodgers are my baseball team, and they have one of the richest histories in all of American sports. It's cool; but right about now, I don't give a damn because they haven't won a title since 1988. Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks Marlins have won a few combine titles. Seriously?!

Not trying to be a prick but it's easy to not put much into traditions when u do have them and aren't use to them. The South is all about tradition. Brings people together, etc.

I'd wish u the best of luck this wknd, but yall dont need any more. But I hope it's a good game that both sides learn from, and walk off the field healthy.

GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Ill admit oregon has a good team and have had a good run in the last decade. But to compare them to us is a damn joke. If the ducks played in the sec they wouldn't have the success they are having. The play in a weak conference. I would love to see there face if we go up there and give them a Butch slapping. GO VOLS

Do I think my teams better than yours? Of course i do we're ranked #2. It doesn't mean I think you guys are a joke though. We know we don't have the tradition that most schools do. What we lack in tradition we make up for in other ways.

If your a Oregon fan what are you doing on Volnation? Just wondering.

I'm guessing he's here to discuss the game since we play them this week. We have quite a few Duck fans who post here on occasion or just joined to discuss this game.

Reactions: 3 people
Not trying to be a prick but it's easy to not put much into traditions when u do have them and aren't use to them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No doubt. But conversely -- and also not trying to be a prick -- I think one must admit it's easy to heavily emphasize football tradition when your team hasn't done much lately.

Will probably seem strange to you, but you would be surprised at how many recruits talk about the UO football program's "tradition." Kids, ya know? Oregon has been good most of their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I stopped after he said USC had a better line- then he said "I don't know..." That is a joke! GBO!!!

Great comments guys...nice to see people getting fired up for this game instead of the usual we will do good to stay within 2 scores and fight hard the entire game crap.....i want to punch them in the mouth the entire game and win and make them remember what UT football is about...

They are a couple of buffoons.There has been no clear cut championship in div I football since its inception thus MNC=mythical national championship oh yeah BCS, right. The AP can choose its own champion. There many legitimate sites such as Billingsley /Litkenhous/Devold etc
that are in the official NCAA record book as champion selectors. Ole Miss won three from legit sources 1959,1960,1962. We have six titles in the official NCAA champions book. They can suck on it!!!!!

Last edited:
No doubt. But conversely -- and also not trying to be a prick -- I think one must admit it's easy to heavily emphasize football tradition when your team hasn't done much lately.

Will probably seem strange to you, but you would be surprised at how many recruits talk about the UO football program's "tradition." Kids, ya know? Oregon has been good most of their lives.

Akili Smith and Joey Harrington represent!

I first came here lurking to check out what you guys are saying about the game. I then made an account because a dude was seriously putting down the state of Oregon without knowing anything about it in one of the threads.

Also, I joined just to talk about the game/football in general and to help out visiting vol fans on what to do and where to go. A lot of duck fans already did a great job of that though.

I don't want to waste my time watching that garbage. Everyone has bad fans. You have the polite ones on this board who provably were duck fans back when a 7 win season was reason to celebrate and you have your fans like PortlandDuck who started riding the coat tails within the last 5 years.

I like Oregons traditions!

A different vile uniform every game and sucking the Nike teet until its completely dry....

VN Store

Back