Cheers to Nico Suave for starting 2024 off in awesome fashion !!

TnScooby

After hearing so much talk about Nico being overrated I was ecstatic to watch him play so well in his first start..But I would hope folks decide on the correct pronunciation of his last name..But for those who can't IMHO I think the nickname of Nico Suave might suffice....

Last edited:
Did notice the broadcast crew yesterday saying Nico's last name in a different way than I'd heard before.

My understanding is that the emphasis is on syllables 1 and 4 in his name. Like this: EEE-ah-mah-LAY-ah-vah. Like a six syllable poem, it rhymes, the ah-mah and ah-vah.

But the announcers and sideline reporter were all trying it with emphasis on 1 and 3: EEE-ah-MAH-lay-ah-vah. They were saying the first two, like trying to get them out of the way, then almost like starting over on 3 and beyond.

Made me wonder which is correct. Would like to hear Nico himself say it, just once.

Go Vols!

After hearing so much talk about Nico being overrated I was ecstatic to watch him play so well in his first start..But I would hope folks decide on the correct pronunciation of his last name..But for those who can't IMHO I think the nickname of Nico Suave might suffice....
Where was the over rated talk? He looks like he has the potential to be special based on yeyesterday's game. But all i heard prior to the game was accolades and folks putting too much pressure (IMO) on a freshman qb.

Reactions: TnScooby
I haven't heard he was overrated that often. So much talk? Where and when?

IMHO not every man requires a nickname. With a unique and iconic name like iamaleava, I would want to be known for that. Mispronunciating announcers be darned
I've spent more time practicing his name than I care to admit. lol, I figure if they are going to play for TN, we owe them the respect of at least trying. This is a hard one for a girl with a southern drawl.

Did notice the broadcast crew yesterday saying Nico's last name in a different way than I'd heard before.

My understanding is that the emphasis is on syllables 1 and 4 in his name. Like this: EEE-ah-mah-LAY-ah-vah. Like a six syllable poem, it rhymes, the ah-mah and ah-vah.

But the announcers and sideline reporter were all trying it with emphasis on 1 and 3: EEE-ah-MAH-lay-ah-vah. They were saying the first two, like trying to get them out of the way, then almost like starting over on 3 and beyond.

Made me wonder which is correct. Would like to hear Nico himself say it, just once.

Go Vols!
I was actually hearing them pronouncing it more like EE ah mah lay AH vah.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Nico looked like he took his year very seriously and is ready to step up. Would have loved for him to get his first TD in the air, but he can move the chains.

Watching Nico run reminds me of a QB from a few years ago that had that loping faster than appears gait. Any quesses?

lol, here ya go. Let’s just call him Nico, like they called Tua, “Tua”.

Attachments

• IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4
Nico Suave is not gonna fly. That’s a cheesy song about a Mexican self professed gigalo who treats women like dirt and has a clear hatred of self.

Polar opposite of the traits of a Polynesian Warrior

Ay caramba. If someone referred to me as a smooth talking and walking Mexican Gigolo, well, I wouldn't be upset.

Nico Suave - a lot easier to pronounce than Iamaleavingonajetplane

My thoughts is he played ok. I feel like he got happy feet alittle too much at times. But solid first start. We need help at OL and WR and that was Gleaming all season.

Reactions: Hbg
I was actually hearing them pronouncing it more like EE ah mah lay AH vah.
Maybe that's what they were trying: to put emphasis on the odd-numbered syllables: EEE-ah-MAH-lay-AH-vah.

Which i'm pretty sure is wrong, heh.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back