Chris Leak

Well, as for Florida this next season, we should fear the worst. Even in their terrible season, they still had 33 points a game. Their defense pretty much lost them all their games. If their defense wasn't that terrible, they'd have beaten us, too.

Well, I'm late to this thread but...

I think Chris Leak was the second best QB in the SEC this year - like it or not Jason Campbell was outstanding. His poise for his experience level is very impressive (I'm saying this even though I hate UF!)

I hope Ainge rivals Leak but let's be real - Leak is much more accomplished. One or two of UF's losses were a result of their D. If Ainge makes people forget (or at least place ahead of) Leak, we will be fortunate.

I don't know why CJ didn't show the promise that Chris does but I appreciate CJ's service to our school. No doubt about it though - Chris Leak is a talented QB.

As for Heisman, Matt L. is odds on favorite - his BCS performance was classic. Too many other candidates to pick a winner at this point. Ramble, ramble, ramble...

Go Vols

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 31, 2005 8:08 PM
Jay Cutler is a decent QB, as well... Then again, it's effing Vanderbilt.

Last season, Jason Campbell was by far the best QB in the SEC. This next season will be between Ainge and Leak.

my mistake, i totally forgot about campbell. i was just thinking of who was coming back for '05.

Leak and Ainge will have the top two spots. It all hinges on how Urban Meyer's offense works in the SEC. If it does well, Leak will flourish and Florida will be a national power.

I hate to say it, but Tennessee's level of success next season will be impacted hugely by Urban Meyer's gameplan. I doubt he will give too much away, but our defense had better be operating at an all-American level, or our hopes for a national title run go down the drain.

Count me in on the side of not being a Chris Leak fan.

Kid has no grit about him. Slides more than a leadoff hitter in the American League. :bad:

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 31, 2005 11:26 PM
I hate to say it, but Tennessee's level of success next season will be impacted hugely by Urban Meyer's gameplan.

All we have to do is look for Leak to have one his "off" games. He had plenty of them last season.

Am I the only one that thanks The Good Lord that Petrino didn't decide to go to Fl or LSU. Leak will definately take a pounding in Meyers offense. I do not think he has the body for it.

VN Store

Back