Chris Simms on Tennessee

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
His name was brought up on the radio this morning and it was noted that Sims made a comment about Tennessee's program being 'racially divided'. Anyone remember this? I don't recall that comment.

well i live in tampa, and no one down here cares about what Chris says haha. We typically just ignore his statements lol :whistling:

Chris Sims is just a spoiled brat who was afraid of the competition at Tennessee and ran to Texas with his tail tucked between his legs. And I'm like the people in Tampa that UK4life mentioned, I don't give a rat's a$$ what he says.

Who? Just kidding.

UK4Life, where do you live in Tampa? I did my residency down there at USF/Tampa General/All Children's.

When I think of Chris Sims and the word divided...I think of how far the gap is from him and his ole man is in guts, toughness, and talent.

I'm sure we aren't going to have many Chris Simms fans around here. I'm certainly not one either. My point was, I just didn't recall that statement and it was a bit shocking to hear.

When has this been talked about on here? This is news to me, because I sure haven't seen it

When has this been talked about on here? This is news to me, because I sure haven't seen it

I remember reading this stuff probably over a year ago. I don't remember when...but I don't think that I would have heard it otherwise, I'm pretty sure it was here....

Edit: I've done some light searching and haven't come across anything...maybe I'm making it up....thought I had heard this before, though.

Last edited:
Who? Just kidding.

UK4Life, where do you live in Tampa? I did my residency down there at USF/Tampa General/All Children's.

I live right off of Bearss ave by Lutz, probably 10 mins from where u were!

Last edited:
His name was brought up on the radio this morning and it was noted that Sims made a comment about Tennessee's program being 'racially divided'. Anyone remember this? I don't recall that comment.

I remember it. Referring to a visit to Tennessee(I think it was specifically the football team eating lunch), he didn't like that all the black guys sat together and all the white guys sat together. I think he gave another example, but again, it was something similiar to black guys hanging out with their friends who were black and the same for the white guys. He mentioned racial division on the team, although, when asked, a few current UT players at the time dismissed it as an excuse for him to back out on his commit. Said everyone got along just fine.

Hmm...don't know about any of that. Wasn't there something, though, a few years ago about him telling a LB recruit he felt he could have been more successful @ UT or something. I coulda sworn I saw that somewhere.

Also,

Not many Chris Sims fans here in Austin either, lol.
:lolabove:

My dad went to Texas so - knowing his feelings on those 3-4 years - I find that hilarious

Shortly after Chris left here for Texas, it was said that he made a comment to this affect as his reason for moving on. Players at the time found the notion nutty, and the whole thing had the sound of sour grapes. I remember it because it cemented my opinion of the family Simms...

when you have the low level of integrity that he obviously has, you have to make things like that up to try to show the situation in a different light. try to make it look like something it wasn't so people will not see the situation for what it really was. too bad it didn't work for him.

i remember when that happened in 98. his comment, like himself, was a total crock. tennessee had a black captain and a black q.b. before simms was born, and long before darryl royal seriously used any black players. i passed it off as as the pathetic attempt of a dimwit trying to divert attention from the fact he couldn't keep his word.

p.s.: considering his achievments as a longhorn, tennessee didn't lose a thing from his reneging. and that's no crock.

Last edited:
Chris Simms is about as good of a QB as his dad is an announcer. Every word out of his mouth makes me cringe. I don't understand how such an idiot was as great a QB as he was.

It sounds to me like a weak excuse for backing out of his commit. There would be a lot more smoke from this if it was even a little true.

Yessssss I remember his moronic comments saying the black UT players sat on one side of the chow hall while the white players sat on the other side :eek:lol: He's a piece of work and I am soooo glad he went to Texas instead of Tennessee...Seriously, his first practice with Texas he rides up in a limo..Nice way to introduce yourself to your team mates

Yessssss I remember his moronic comments saying the black UT players sat on one side of the chow hall while the white players sat on the other side :eek:lol: He's a piece of work and I am soooo glad he went to Texas instead of Tennessee...Seriously, his first practice with Texas he rides up in a limo..Nice way to introduce yourself to your team mates

Chris Simms was Jimmy Clausen before Jimmy was...

Chris Simms was Jimmy Clausen before Jimmy was...

No... Chris Simms couldn't get a job filling in for the Cro-Magnon at a museum while the wax dummies are being re-costumed, or as an ostrich at the zoo. Take your pick.

VN Store

Back