Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Someone previously mentioned purchasing cigars from JR Cigar. I’m not familiar with them so I had a look. They have some really good prices on 5 packs. Especially on Oliva serie V, V Melania, and Serie G among others. Worth checking out.

Someone previously mentioned purchasing cigars from JR Cigar. I’m not familiar with them so I had a look. They have some really good prices on 5 packs. Especially on Oliva serie V, V Melania, and Serie G among others. Worth checking out.
Not sure what happened but I went back to order some serie V Churchill extra that were like $30 per five. Now they're at 57.99.
Snoozed/loozed!

At first I was meh but then I looked further down the page. Melanio Maduro Churchills at $4.50 a stick is crazy silly pricing for one of this years top cigars - Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro | Cigar Aficionado

And pricing on my favs Pledge Prequels and while I think I prefer the 1926 over the 1964, I HAD to pick up a 10 pack of Padrons at that price.

Reactions: malinoisvol

Nice deal, a fiver plus a 5 cigar humidor/carrier. Most of the deals are 35 and there’s a few that are 39. I guess it’s called a herf-a-dor.?

Last edited:
Huge Brickhouse fan here!!!
That was my first Brick House, and I got if for free. Casablanca offered a free "class" tonight called "Cigars 101" just dispersing some basic info about cigars, different tobaccos, different regions it's harvested from, how to light, how to cut, etc. It was pretty interesting. Nothing ground breaking, but as someone who just kinda jumped into cigars, I learned a few things. They gave us a free cigar and cutter, basically in exchange for us allowing ourselves to be photographed and recorded for their PR purposes. It was the first time they've done this and it's something that they want to start doing maybe once per month.

IMG_1947.jpeg
Medium bodied Dominican filler, Dominican binder, Cameroon wrapper. Be patient with the light. Soon enough, the entire fat 60 is burning. How you cut the bullet point tip will impact the draw. Earthy, hint of citrus, and the sweet spice of the Cameroon wrapper. Even burn, firm ash. These are hand made by AF’s most experienced artisans.

Normally, I cannot afford these top of the line AF cigars (Hemingway, Don Carlos Reservas, Opus X). AF is seldom if ever on sale, but CigarPage included a few Don Carlos Reserva in a recent 10 pack sale. I scored two before they sold out. CP included the Hemingways in a box sale, and I scored the Works of Art before they sold out, applying a $50 off code to force myself to afford them (I’m retired with limited income).

Last edited:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back