Cindy Sheehan

So you think a post with quite a huge gap in info and timeline would be factual. You assume that is correct?
What do you want? An autobiography? I stated that he enlisted in 200 prior, and then re-upped (reenlisted) when he found out his unit (1/82 FA Regiment) was on the alert roster for deployment to Iraq (2004.)

What do you want? An autobiography? I stated that he enlisted in 200 prior, and then re-upped (reenlisted) when he found out his unit (1/82 FA Regiment) was on the alert roster for deployment to Iraq (2004.)

Sounds committed to his job to me. Why try to over analyze anything other.

Regardless of what comes and goes in ones head, one simple truth remains. A very simple and and honorable truth that should never be tarnished, belittled, excused, second guessed or any other crapped out, exploitable term. These men enlisted of free choice to serve in one of the military branches of the U.S. Now, I personally don't understand the amount of deployed weekend guard verses full timers, but it is still a branch of military that is subject to active and hazardous duty. These men have volunteered. "I never thought we'd actually go to war" don't hold water in a bucket. There's no draft. Don't sign up if you think it may happen. They volunteered. Honor them by taken the handcuffs off and let them do their job. Criticize Israel all you want, but they do mean what they say. My granddad was in WWII pacific, seabee. My uncle was intelligence officer in Korea. I served one year high school ROTC in 10th grade. OK...well I respect the decision of those that do serve in real bracnhes. Except our local guard unit is sort of the Barney Fife of the Ga Nat'l Guard. They're not allowed to use live ammo at camp when in Ft. Stewart. Some incidents one time...
I like the post, GVF. FYI, Casey Sheehan was an active duty soldier.

Committed to your job does not necessarily mean you are committed to the cause. I mean after all you yourself said you'd go to the border and enforce the law even though you didn't agree with the whole prosecution of illegals.

So this means he was a believer in this cause? Perhaps he has a sense of loyalty to the people he was with? I mean you're still pulling something out of the blue to say he was a supporter of this war.

I talk to soldiers on a daily basis who do not believe Bush's rationale for this or that we're doing the right thing. But they are there because they swore a duty and are honoring that.

I understand all of that. However, if I was against a cause, my unit was about to deploy to fight that cause, and my time in service was up. I would not re-up.

Well that is you. Perhaps he has more of a loyalty to helping people, helping his friends, and as the mission he died in shows, he was more concerned about rescuing those in trouble.

How long was it between him re-upping and him dying? Could anything happen to change his mind about the whole cause?

Well that is you. Perhaps he has more of a loyalty to helping people, helping his friends, and as the mission he died in shows, he was more concerned about rescuing those in trouble.

How long was it between him re-upping and him dying? Could anything happen to change his mind about the whole cause?
Less than 3 months. Things could have happened to change his mind. However, it is more likely than not that he believed in the cause, IMO. Either way, his mother's actions clearly hurt his legacy.

I don't agree with just about anything she has done but I do laugh at those that have no idea what it is like to lose a child in this war.

Some people have not a clue about what it is like serving in Iraq, having family/friends in Iraq, ext....

I am amazed how low some people will stoop to defend their political views. The woman lost a son in a war, she can do whatever the hells she feel is right to get any answers. Some of you people are plain sick!

I feel sorry for her loss, but I don't care what anyone says, remorse is not a license to "do whatever the hell she feels is right".

I am amazed how low some people will stoop to defend their political views. The woman lost a son in a war, she can do whatever the hells she feel is right to get any answers. Some of you people are plain sick!

Losing a loved one gives one no more or no less rights.

I don't begrudge her the rights to say or do what she wants but I certainly have the right to disagree with just about everything she says and to think is wrong.

He voluntarliy signed up for the military. Death is a realsitic option in this field. She can do what she likes it just makes her look like an idiot.

Here is a question I would like to know...has anyone actually lost a close (and I mean close...not some 2nd cousin you barely knew) in Iraq?

I lost my brother in an accident at the shipyard in Newport News. His ship was in for refit. It was very hard on us all. I dont think my mother ever felt the need to smooze-up to HugoChaves.

That is up to the person. I consider close to be immediate family and/or other family that you were possibly in contact with weekly if not more.

VN Store

Back