CJH’s Blind loyalty/pure stubbornness is starting to concern me.

Except the fact that he didn’t put Milton back in over Hooker once Milton healed blows a huge hole in your blind spot theory, I agree with your theory.
Hooker balled out. He is an NFL caliber QB. JH played 7 all season and look where that got us.

Here is a question for the board- would Saban or Spurrier stayed with Joe? I just can’t imagine they would have. Saban shuffled this year until he settled. Spurrier played 2 QBs in different seasons until he settled on one.

Blind spot is true. Glad you agree.

Reactions: mpfvol
Hooker balled out. He is an NFL caliber QB. JH played 7 all season and look where that got us.

Here is a question for the board- would Saban or Spurrier stayed with Joe? I just can’t imagine they would have. Saban shuffled this year until he settled. Spurrier played 2 QBs in different seasons until he settled on one.

Blind spot is true. Glad you agree.
Saban yes. Spurrier would definitely rotate.

I’ve praised this coach since year 1 and think he has overachieved given the situation he walked into. And By no means am I calling for his head or anything but I’m starting to get a bad feeling in the gut. There’s no reason to keep trotting out Joe and there’s no reason Banks should still be employed. There’s no reason Wille should be employed. I’m afraid Josh is just a blindly loyal person and can’t make the hard decisions that’s needed to win in this business. This year coulda been another great year with a simple QB change maybe, maybe not. But you never tested those waters to find out. I’m afraid next year we will light it up with Nico just for a Tim Banks defense to blow a couple games for us.

I am concerned, also. There is no reason for sharing the feelings in your gut. Yes to sharing your beer, tequila, and whiskey. Without wishing to seem dismissive, I say no to the rumblings of your gut.

I’ve praised this coach since year 1 and think he has overachieved given the situation he walked into. And By no means am I calling for his head or anything but I’m starting to get a bad feeling in the gut. There’s no reason to keep trotting out Joe and there’s no reason Banks should still be employed. There’s no reason Wille should be employed. I’m afraid Josh is just a blindly loyal person and can’t make the hard decisions that’s needed to win in this business. This year coulda been another great year with a simple QB change maybe, maybe not. But you never tested those waters to find out. I’m afraid next year we will light it up with Nico just for a Tim Banks defense to blow a couple games for us.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know we was all pissed during the game thread but honestly the defense wasn’t bad the first half of the season. IMO they got tired of their offense not performing. Martinez should be gone tho. Banks eh his defense didn’t look bad before all the injuries

Faith in Milton is crazy..

Banks is ok, frankly we aren’t getting anyone better. Martinez is the coach that needs to go

Faith in Milton is crazy..

Banks is ok, frankly we aren’t getting anyone better. Martinez is the coach that needs to go

The frustrating thing about the defense is that it is almost good. Just have tighter coverage on WRs and get out of this zone mess and we might be able to stop people.

Reactions: GAVol
I know we was all pissed during the game thread but honestly the defense wasn’t bad the first half of the season. IMO they got tired of their offense not performing. Martinez should be gone tho. Banks eh his defense didn’t look bad before all the injuries

Depends on how you look at it. Stat-wise, you are right.

However, the defense kept giving up long drives of 8-9 minutes which kept the offense from even having the ball. I think teams are doing this as a counteraction to Heupel's offense.

First quarter of both the Florida and Missouri games are great example. The best way to stop the offense is keep it off the field. Defense being unable to stop those 3rd and 10 plays is aiding that.

From what little we saw of Nico, he was not ready to start. Some of you will never be convinced of that but it is true.

Some of you seem to have been willing to just throw the season away and start Nico, but I can guarantee had CJH did just that and ended up in the same place (or worse - and I think we would have lost more games) this board would have been filled with the following threads:

- Why did he not play Joe? Was CJH blinded by the 5* 8M dollar shiny new QB?
- Nico is a bust so we need to recruit another top QB or acquire one from the portal.
- CJH is not the coach for us

You can say you would be fine with 4, 5 maybe 6 losses if Nico had started but truth is NONE of you would be okay with that.

You start a true freshman, and they don't light it up, their confidence takes a big hit, one from which they may never recover.

One thing is for certain and other posters hinted at it - teams have now started to approach Tennessee by playing keep away with long drives. That not only gives us fewer offensive possessions but is a mind game. To go with the explosive quick offense we need a defense that doesn't allow teams to convert 3rd downs at will.

Actually, key defensive players got hurt and we were playing with 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th string players at times. The problem is our depth on defense. It may or may not be a coaching issue. You can't play the reserves of the reserves against teams like Bama, UGA, and Missouri and expect to win the game.

The only game that is not an excuse for is Florida and we'll for some reason we always play badly at Florida.

Reactions: GAVol and posivol
Brother, the first question for me is: “Could he be any worse than Joe?” The answer is “absolutely.” Second and third questions: “But what are the chances he’s better than Joe when the lights come on? And what do we have to lose and what do we have to gain by playing him now?”
Seems strange that you haven't heard a single player say how great Nico has looked in practice.

He only rotated once to prove his point. He knew all along who was going to be his QB. Rotating shut up the fans.

He would have probably thrown Nico out there to prove his point. CJH refused to do that.
CJH didn’t have the luxury of the supporting players to risk it

Actually, key defensive players got hurt and we were playing with 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th string players at times. The problem is our depth on defense. It may or may not be a coaching issue. You can't play the reserves of the reserves against teams like Bama, UGA, and Missouri and expect to win the game.

The only game that is not an excuse for is Florida and we'll for some reason we always play badly at Florida.
I said that 👌

VN Store

Back