Clean up the penalties or

It's been a problem that nobody wants to acknowledge. Add some pretty awful offensive play calling in the second half and we had a ball game.
It was a choice to run clock and let the defense play. Probably minimized offensive injuries on that horrible field. But made for boring football.

We won by 10 points on the road against a top 15 team, when they had to score a garbage TD in the last minute to even make it that close. That’s good enough for me. No, it’s better than god enough. It’s downright satisfying and encouraging. Even in ‘98, we had some ugly victories. Remember that year’s Auburn game? Arkansas? Even UAB was ugly that year.

It doesn’t have to he perfect. I don’t expect it to be. If you do, that’s a you problem. Enjoy the big road win. They have been few and far between over the last 20 years.

We won by 10 points on the road against a top 15 team, when they had to score a garbage TD in the last minute to even make it that close. That’s good enough for me. Even in ‘98, we had some ugly victories. Remember that year’s Auburn game? Arkansas? Even UAB was ugly that year.

It doesn’t have to he perfect. I don’t expect it to be. If you do, that’s a you problem. Enjoy the big road win. They have been few and far between over the last 20 years.
Boy ain't that the truth. I just rewatched the Syracuse game and we all remember the rumble stumble fumble game.... By those standards, this was a beatdown.

It's been a problem that nobody wants to acknowledge. Add some pretty awful offensive play calling in the second half and we had a ball game.
I see it differently. We didn’t need to play tempo. We lined up and imposed our will tonight. We all know that our offense can go quick and fast strike. Now our offense can line up and hit people in the mouth. That’s a receipt for championships

I see it differently. We didn’t need to play tempo. We lined up and imposed our will tonight. We all know that our offense can go quick and fast strike. Now our offense can line up and hit people in the mouth. That’s a receipt for championships
Just would've been nice to see us stretch the field more. They had problems covering our guys down the field. Their safeties were crashing almost every time.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Penalty deficit par for the course with this subjectively officiated sport. Heupel or somebody clearly pissed off some officials. It's blatantly obvious the difference in the whistle these past few seasons. How many games did we go last year without a hold called against the opposition?

Go to bed lol, the drinks are getting to you.
Completely sober here. We were penalized 81 yards, but the damage was much more than 81 yards with plays called back and first downs for OK when we had them stopped. That will likely be too big of an obstacle to overcome against GA & bama and will probably cause us to stub a toe against somebody else.

What do you think Huepel would say about the excessive penalties. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t a huge concern to him. Got to play clean football to reach our potential.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

VN Store

Back