Clemson Recruiting - been said here

I don’t think Clemson’s has a big issue with recruiting , it’s the portal and NIL. That’s where they are starting to get left behind and moved them from the top of the ACC to somewhere in the top 4
They have had 1 bad year and all of a sudden they are left behind and are 4th in the ACC? lol.

Vols have only ever played 14 games in a season one time - 2007, finished 10-4
Dabo has WON 14(+) games 4 times, same as Saban.

He wins 9 games to finish off a 12-year double digit win streak and yall talkin bout him like he’s Pruitt, I’d kill for Tennessee to duplicate that level of success.
Lot easier to do in the ACC especially when FSU was down at the time.

They have had 1 bad year and all of a sudden they are left behind and are 4th in the ACC? lol.
The ACC has sucked for many years and only FSU the past few years has been any good out of that conference. He had a bad year last year at 9-4, but he also has lost 12 games in past 4 years that after he lost 4 games TOTAL in 4 seasons before! He’s taken a big step back and if he wasn’t in the ACC it would be even more pronounced! You are a fool if you think he isn’t having issues right now! So yeah he might be rated highly in recruiting right now, but he doesn’t have that many kids and he doesn’t pick up portal players either, so he most likely will continue to get left behind. At least he can count on that conference absolutely sucking so he can keep up the 9-10 wins!

Vols have only ever played 14 games in a season one time - 2007, finished 10-4
Dabo has WON 14(+) games 4 times, same as Saban.

He wins 9 games to finish off a 12-year double digit win streak and yall talkin bout him like he’s Pruitt, I’d kill for Tennessee to duplicate that level of success.
Talk about missing the point…

Reactions: 9876543vol
Clemson and Tennessee have always “fished the same waters” when it comes to recruiting. One program rising usually means the other is fading. Dado is kind of a dinosaur when it comes to the new compensation environment. Hypocrisy doesn’t sell real well with kids.

Clemson and Tennessee have always “fished the same waters” when it comes to recruiting. One program rising usually means the other is fading. Dado is kind of a dinosaur when it comes to the new compensation environment. Hypocrisy doesn’t sell real well with kids.
Yeah but they only had one singular period in their history where they were better than us. The Sweeney era until.... Dec 30th 2022.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Lot easier to do in the ACC especially when FSU was down at the time.

They beat Bama twice in the Championship. Placed more first round picks than UGA over that time (or at least that was the case a year ago I think). It doesn't matter if they played in the MAC over this time. What they've done is extremely impressive.

Reactions: Dansky
They beat Bama twice in the Championship. Placed more first round picks than UGA over that time (or at least that was the case a year ago I think). It doesn't matter if they played in the MAC over this time. What they've done is extremely impressive.
Yes, what they did was impressive, but it looks like is not going to last much longer.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Yes, what they did was impressive, but it looks like is not going to last much longer.
You are probably correct if Dabo doesn't adapt. Looking at 4 straight recruiting classes outside the top 10. Good coaching only goes so far. You can put together a couple good seasons if you have the right players, like UF under Mullen, but you will likely have to go through rebuilding years too when those guys leave, where you go 7-5, 8-4, while you develop the next crop.

Probably a combination of some of the teams in the ACC starting to come back around (FSU and Miami), success of other regional teams (UT, UGA) that were down when Clemson made their run, and being passed by in the NIL and portal.
Can’t help but wonder if the $ from the megachurch dried up, too. The pastor who was there during that time resigned for substance abuse, but has since started another church that is nowhere near as big, and the original church is completely out of debt now, which was definitely not the case. They do still have players attend services as guests of some of the Pastors, but you don’t see Dabo or the big name players from their run at all anymore. The time line is crazy 🤷‍♂️
If Beamer and SCjr were worth a dang, you wouldn’t hear much out of Clemson, I think. He beats Beamer and that’s why he stays around.

Dabo seems like he would be mentored by Baby Billy Freeman and hang out as buds with Kelvin Gemstone.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Clemson, like Alabama and then Georgia perfected the "pay to play" system. Pruit, who supposedly going to take what he learned at Alabama and do it here was to big of a moron to institute the system. Now that NIL has nullified these types of schemes and started to even out the playing field, at least among the big boy teams, playing for Clemson in the ACC is not a attractive as an SEC school. I am not claiming that Clemson will be lost in the wilderness, just saying I believe their run of recruiting dominance is over. Of course it didn't help that Lane Kiffin told Tajh Boyd that he didn't fit our system and then Butch Jones did the same to Trevor Lawrence.

“That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said. “It’s a small college town … you can come to a game one night, after the game you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, ‘wait a minute now.’”

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Clemson, like Alabama and then Georgia perfected the "pay to play" system. Pruit, who supposedly going to take what he learned at Alabama and do it here was to big of a moron to institute the system. Now that NIL has nullified these types of schemes and started to even out the playing field, at least among the big boy teams, playing for Clemson in the ACC is not a attractive as an SEC school. I am not claiming that Clemson will be lost in the wilderness, just saying I believe their run of recruiting dominance is over. Of course it didn't help that Lane Kiffin told Tajh Boyd that he didn't fit our system and then Butch Jones did the same to Trevor Lawrence.

“That’s why football is so successful, is if you do it and use resources at Clemson, like you can really keep everything tight,” Smith said. “It’s a small college town … you can come to a game one night, after the game you see a dude out there in a nice looking suit, you like, ‘wait a minute now.’”

Fan fiction with the Butch/Trevor Lawrence thing. Otherwise on point.

I don’t think Clemson’s has a big issue with recruiting , it’s the portal and NIL. That’s where they are starting to get left behind and moved them from the top of the ACC to somewhere in the top 4
Exactly. It doesn't matter how good your class is to start out. If you had a top ten class but then lose 5-10 of those players without replacing them through the portal, you're not effectively signing top classes.

VN Store

Back