Climer on Tennessee Recruiting

that story reminds me of some of my college essays- lots of words to fill the page but no real information.

I think he is on to something. UT is certainly the only major D1 school that deals with 18-22 year old players drinking and smoking!

I've heard the same things from some good sources. Parents are getting more involved in their kids decisions where to play college athletics. It may not be a deal breaker, but it does make a difference.

I've heard the same things from some good sources. Parents are getting more involved in their kids decisions where to play college athletics. It may not be a deal breaker, but it does make a difference.

Um...ok. How do you measure the amount of recruits and the level of which they rely on their parents in choosing from year to year? I'm sorry but I find this statement sort of dumb. Of course parents care, but more and more? Is there a reason you can cite for this?
And if this is the case then how come SATAN has a top 3 recruiting class. Everyone and I mean everyone knows he is a shizity guy. And Petrino seems to be doing alright. And No Nutts, and Urban Meyer...hmmm, I don't think so. Bad justification for crappy recruiting.

If a parent seeks counsel from a sports agent, and then counsels their kid, is it an NCAA violation? If not, then I would think that this is probably an area where families are taking advantage of the opportunity to get some professional advice without jeopardizing eligibility. Personally, I think prospects should be able to consult with agents.

He is late on this one isn't he. By the looks of our recruiting board it already has taken it's toll. Climer is a rube anyway. He seems to take delight in downing ut. Him and biddle are in a contest to see who can run the wittiest smeer campaign.

The only thing Climer and Biddle are known for is Anti-Vol columns and their distaste for Pacman Jones.

The only thing Climer and Biddle are known for is Anti-Vol columns and their distaste for Pacman Jones.
They are vandy homers that have nothing more to do than run our name through the mud. I can understand the adam jones deal. He is a thug and we should send him packing. Climer is a terrible columnist and biddle isn't much better. Its a shame they actually get paid to write that trash.

Climer, Biddle, Plaster, 104.5 The Zone, and the most of the Nashville market are the biggest Vandy kiss ups. It really can be annoying, they belittle anything Orange when we lose, and barely mention US when we win.

IMO Vandy has to be the MOST boring university to cover in the whole south.

The Nashville sport guys don't understand that there are more Tennessee fans in middle Tennessee ALONE then there are Vandy fans in the WHOLE WORLD!

Prime example is when the only time Vandy EVER sells out a game in their WHOPPING 35k Stadium is when the BIG ORANGE come to town.

BTW 90% of the crowd is wearing orange! :rock:

Every recruit, even if they don't commit always say how great the family atmosphere is etc. etc.. That article is in a Nashville paper that won't put the facts in the paper when talking about Vanderbilt players who get into trouble.

The problems UT had with poor player conduct was really bad a couple years ago. We just landed a top 5 class last year. We went through this last season with very few discipline problems. So that doesnt make much sense in saying that is why our class is down this year.

The problems UT had with poor player conduct was really bad a couple years ago. We just landed a top 5 class last year. We went through this last season with very few discipline problems. So that doesnt make much sense in saying that is why our class is down this year.

I almost think it's just bad luck.

The shake up of the coaching staff might have a little to do with it.....more than climer's crapfest of a theory.

The shake up of the coaching staff might have a little to do with it.....more than climer's crapfest of a theory.
Yes, but Fulmer is the recruiting master. Surely, he can put on his dishwashing apron and salvage a top 10 class. If not, what the heck good is he? We already know he's no great Xs & Os coach. The staff situation and somewhat bumbling effort to replace Cut shows me that he's no great administrator. Now his recruiting prowess is coming into question.

Yes, but Fulmer is the recruiting master. Surely, he can put on his dishwashing apron and salvage a top 10 class. If not, what the heck good is he? We already know he's no great Xs & Os coach. The staff situation and somewhat bumbling effort to replace Cut shows me that he's no great administrator. Now his recruiting prowess is coming into question.
...and exactly how did he "bumble" the staff situation? Did I miss something?

...and exactly how did he "bumble" the staff situation? Did I miss something?
He went for the retread Uniroyal after '05 instead of the new Pirelli. He knew when he brought Cut back that Cut would leave and take his guys with him in short order. Cut said as much when he was lobbying for the NC State job after the '06 season. He made a shortsighted play to save his bacon after the '05 debacle instead of biting the bullet and hiring some people to build a new offense. Now, instead of one down recruiting year the Vols are going to have at least two. That's "bumbling" in my book. I have my doubts about the new hires from Richmond, but I admit that much of that comes from the fact that I had never heard of them until a week before the hiring announcement. Phil defintely did not attract anyone on the "hot" list of coordinators. Again, that's bumbling to me but if the Vols win the SEC with a new offense i'll have to reassess my stance.

Ok, so in your first "bumble" post you meant to include '05...on that point I agree....but known or unknown I personally am excited about the new hire...which is what I thought you were talking about.

well, I imagine this too shall pass volmanjr. a month from now most everything will be in the books for the 2008 recruiting class and we can move on to Spring practice.

I'm not the biggest recruit follower, but hopefully who ever we get (on offense anyway) this new staff can develope regardless of star ranking.

I think they have enough guys, particularly on offense, to field a good squad of starters. I'm looking more at depth and the future when I look at this class.

The year after signing the #1 class? Yeah, exactly right...you got it.

VN Store

Back