Climer on Tennessee Recruiting

Everywhere Clawson has been seems to always get better as time rolls on. hope thats the case this time. Problem is if he does real good then he will be gone before we know what hit us and he will take the entire O staff with him just like Cut. i will however take as many wins as he can give us while he is here.:rock:

i doubt clawson leaves to be a coach anywhere else i see him becomin the next ut coach in a coupl eof years if he does a good job at off coor... this class wasent a need to go out and get a bunch of players it was mostly linemen and yes i kno havent gotten them yet but giv it time... i c a big time class next yr led my marlon brown

Um...ok. How do you measure the amount of recruits and the level of which they rely on their parents in choosing from year to year? I'm sorry but I find this statement sort of dumb. Of course parents care, but more and more? Is there a reason you can cite for this?
And if this is the case then how come SATAN has a top 3 recruiting class. Everyone and I mean everyone knows he is a shizity guy. And Petrino seems to be doing alright. And No Nutts, and Urban Meyer...hmmm, I don't think so. Bad justification for crappy recruiting.

I'm not saying this is a real reason for the down year of recruiting. I'm just saying that it's something to think about in the future. It will make a difference latter on. Thats all I'm saying. UT will always lose some recruits to UF, ALA, ect.... but UT is now losing some to UNC, Clemson, Kentucky

The year after signing the #1 class? Yeah, exactly right...you got it.
UTK had the #3 class, behind UF and USC, for 2007, but why let facts get in the way of your hyperbole? The 2006 class was well below UTK's average and the 2008 will be the worst rated that Fulmer has ever had. 2007 was a VERY up year for in-state talent. The trend is not going in the right direction if the goal is to sign strong classes and win championships.

UTK had the #3 class, behind UF and USC, for 2007, but why let facts get in the way of your hyperbole? The 2006 class was well below UTK's average and the 2008 will be the worst rated that Fulmer has ever had. 2007 was a VERY up year for in-state talent. The trend is not going in the right direction if the goal is to sign strong classes and win championships.

Im pretty sure that some people here are pretty satisfied with a championship every 15 years or so.

Im pretty sure that some people here are pretty satisfied with a championship every 15 years or so.

Others just don't see the negativity, pessimism, and constant running down of the program as the shortest, most sure route to getting to the next championship.

Just because we don't agree that the sky is falling and all hope is gone doesn't mean that we don't have high expectations or standards.

I don't think CPF should have forever. I don't think any backsliding should be tolerated. I don't think two consecutive years on the same plateau should be accepted.

But what will prophesying doom and gloom help? Set the standard/expectation and then react when he either does or does not meet it.

I was stating for effect. Because there is certainly a difference between the #1 and #3 class? A top 5 class is a top 5 class. And I like your assessment that we had a top 5 class because of in-state talent? What?

I was stating for effect. Because there is certainly a difference between the #1 and #3 class? A top 5 class is a top 5 class. And I like your assessment that we had a top 5 class because of in-state talent? What?

Chris Donald made the difference between a #3 class and a #15 class :crazy:

Climer, Biddle, Plaster, 104.5 The Zone, and the most of the Nashville market are the biggest Vandy kiss ups. It really can be annoying, they belittle anything Orange when we lose, and barely mention US when we win.

IMO Vandy has to be the MOST boring university to cover in the whole south.

The Nashville sport guys don't understand that there are more Tennessee fans in middle Tennessee ALONE then there are Vandy fans in the WHOLE WORLD!

Prime example is when the only time Vandy EVER sells out a game in their WHOPPING 35k Stadium is when the BIG ORANGE come to town.

BTW 90% of the crowd is wearing orange! :rock:
I seem to recall others on this board were stating middle Tn was not a "pro-Tennessee" area, while I firmly disagreed. Glad to see another voice of reason. Climer and Biddle are both oafs. They love to revel in orange negativity. For some silly reason, I do like George Plaster, as he has softened his pro-Vandy stance, knowing his core listening audience is is very pro-orange.

I seem to recall others on this board were stating middle Tn was not a "pro-Tennessee" area, while I firmly disagreed. Glad to see another voice of reason. Climer and Biddle are both oafs. They love to revel in orange negativity. For some silly reason, I do like George Plaster, as he has softened his pro-Vandy stance, knowing his core listening audience is is very pro-orange.

Anytime they start talking about Vandy sports on the radio I just switch to country music. Maybe it's just me, but Vandy is SOOOO boring to read about and listen to.

I know these kids are supposed to be grown up enough to leave home.But don't these kids have parents to tell them they are messing up.Even though they are supposed to be grown up and able to make right and wrong choices.But as parents we still have to guide these kids in the right direction. They have never been here before.

Arrests turn off recruits? Well, I have a simple solution to the problem of being arrested. Don't break any laws and you won't get arrested. If you want to break laws and probably not be arrested, go play for Miami.

Losing Cutcliffe may be hurting 2008 recruiting, but I felt like Fulmer had to bring him back when he did, even if he knew (and I am sure he did) that Cut was engaging in staff development for his next head-coaching gig. The offense was broke, and he was the best man to get it fixed. I don't think Fulmer had any other decent choice, anyway. There's no way a coach in Dave Clawson's position gives up a top-notch 1-AA HC job to come work at a place that just went 5-6 and has expectations to win twice that many. He listened now because he's coming into a program on solid footing.

If Clawson can do for our offense what we're hoping for, next year's recruiting will be a lot different.

VN Store

Back