Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He and I have been put through it since November. I knew from that FSU game this was it. When I turned that off at the half because of the defensive effort I knew her time in Knoxville was short.

Even getting Rickea, the best small forward in the country, back couldn’t save her job.
That’s what I’ve said all season, the FSU game was the reason I did t have anymore expectations because I saw who we were and it wasn’t good enough.

He and I have been put through it since November. I knew from that FSU game this was it. When I turned that off at the half because of the defensive effort I knew her time in Knoxville was short.

Even getting Rickea, the best small forward in the country, back couldn’t save her job.
Yep! And I’m pretty sure volstylexx has PHD level expertise in all things PR and was still given a hard time and called crazy when the signs were there all along

As a volunteer WBB fan the eye doctor always ask if you want the clear lens or the orange colored ones?

As a volunteer WBB fan the eye doctor always ask if you want the clear lens or the orange colored ones?

Lmao which is funny, considering I AM an eye doctor.

Though some here would disagree because, you know, they know more about my education and training from a fan message board than I do. 😂😂😂

With women college basketball taking a huge upward turn, Lady VOLS fans were meh. Most of us didn't see any higher ceiling.

You called it! You called it and was given a hard time for it.

Yep. I was called a lot of nasty things for it, but it’s ok. It wasn’t personal. Like I said, I do PR related work professionally, and the smoke was there once we went 24 hours post game with no social media presence. There’s a playbook for these decisions and Danny White followed it to a tee, even if the majority of posters didn’t want to listen to me at the time.

I take no joy in being right by the way. I know today is a sad day for everyone involved in UT women’s basketball. No one wanted to Kellie to fail and I pray for her and her family as they transition into whatever is next in their lives. She is a LVFL and her dedication to our program and lives of our young women deserves our respect. Thank you, Kellie ❤️

I take no joy in being right by the way. I know today is a sad day for everyone involved in UT women’s basketball. No one wanted to Kellie to fail and I pray for her and her family as they transition into whatever is next in their lives. She is a LVFL and her dedication to our program and lives of our young women deserves our respect. Thank you, Kellie ❤️
Can u let me know who u think can get us to a championship next year, and if they can do it with the current roster or do we need an overhaul?

Can u let me know who u think can get us to a championship next year, and if they can do it with the current roster or do we need an overhaul?
It would have taken a roster overhaul for Kellie to win a championship too. We weren’t going to win with what we had so he decided to change things up and see if we can win with someone else. We’ll have to see who he hires.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Getting to the championship game in year one isn’t realistic unless you have SCs or UConns (pre-injury)roster.

Mulkey, in year one, didn’t get past the 2nd round. But she revived that program, did incredibly well in conference, increased attendance and buzz around the program.

Yep. I was called a lot of nasty things for it, but it’s ok. It wasn’t personal. Like I said, I do PR related work professionally, and the smoke was there once we went 24 hours post game with no social media presence. There’s a playbook for these decisions and Danny White followed it to a tee, even if the majority of posters didn’t want to listen to me at the time.

Who called you nasty things?

Reactions: knoxvol52
Getting to the championship game in year one isn’t realistic unless you have SCs or UConns (pre-injury)roster.

Mulkey, in year one, didn’t get past the 2nd round. But she revived that program, did incredibly well in conference, increased attendance and buzz around the program.
So how many years are u willing to wait, and remember we won’t have any future recruits committed.

So how many years are u willing to wait, and remember we won’t have any future recruits committed.
Well, we’ve waited and gave 7 and 5 years to the last two. If Kellie hadn’t back slid or recruited poorly, then she might still be here after this one. I’m sure whoever is hired next will be judged similarly. It’s all about their trajectory even if they don’t win the first year.

Well, we’ve waited and gave 7 and 5 years to the last two. If Kellie hadn’t back slid or recruited poorly, then she might still be here after this one. I’m sure whoever is hired next will be judged similarly. It’s all about their trajectory even if they don’t win the first year.
I’ll say this again, if it’s a coach that doesn’t bring elite talent from their current team we will not be good for a long time.

IMO it's different this time, because of the last two. We don't have another 5 yrs, or even another 1 or 2 yrs.

I’ll say this again, if it’s a coach that doesn’t bring elite talent from their current team we will not be good for a long time.
Maybe they eill. Or at least players that have won some before. Maybe some of the better players will stay and play with them. Maybe Finley will stick with the program if the new coach wins.

Reactions: Amb3096
IMO it's different this time, because of the last two. We don't have another 5 yrs, or even another 1 or 2 yrs.
But you were willing to give Kellie a 6th year? Why would you give her a 6th year when you knew they might not be great but expect the next coach to win automatically year 1?Would the program be in a better place if Kellie was let go next year? However, I think you are right that we’ll probably know within that timeframe if they have what it takes here.

I love KJH and she did a great job at MoState. She took a down and out program and put them back on their feet. She could not turn the Lady Vol program around even with fairly good D1 players. However, most of KJH’s success has come at the mid-level and like many coaches at that level, maybe at best she is just better as a mid-level coach. She leaves will a little over 2 million in her pocket and will certainly rise again at some mid-level program.

With Oklahoma and Texas coming to the SEC competition has just gotten tougher. The Lady Vols can’t allow its program to be marginal against elite competition. Sadly, KJH showed no signs of helping the Lady Vols to become an elite program or at least a consistent top 25 team.

And Hunter and von Oelhoeffen

Which is why I think he could be a dynamite hire. Something to chew over because he could potentially bring a lot right away.
If we can’t get Becky or Dawn, he’s my top
pick. I really want to see a good product on the floor. I want to see smart basketball.

I would love to see what he could do with Jewel Spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back