Coach Rankings

TNHopeful505

SIAP, but this article ranks all of the college coaches.

Here's the SEC coaches.

1. Saban
6. Spurrier
9. Miles
12. Richt
15. Bielema
18. Sumlin
24. Muschamp
30. Franklin
35. Jones
37. Freeze
52. Pinkel
55. Malzahn
61. Mullen
90. Stoops

I'm sorry, but that's pretty messed up.

I agree with a lot of it. Saban should be one. Spurrier and Miles should be where they are. Richt is probably even in the right space. Even Bielema is fine, because of his success at Wisconsin. But Sumlin has never won a conference championship at any level, which I feel like if you're in Conference USA and you're ranked, you should at least be able to win your Conference championship. Muschamp has been a head coach for two years, and has done a good job, but lack of experience as a HC makes me think he should be lower. Franklin has one good year at Vandy and has never won a conference championship anywhere.

I'm just ticked that Butch is not higher on the list. I know I'm biased. But Butch has been a HC for 6 years, and when you win 4 CC's out of those 6 years, I feel as though that's pretty good. I think he should be higher than Muschamp and Franklin. Maybe Sumlin.

What do you think?

Its not about Butch per se. I would bet that the current situation our program is in and the last 3 or 4 years have something to do with it as well.

Reactions: 1 person
SIAP, but this article ranks all of the college coaches.

Here's the SEC coaches.

1. Saban
6. Spurrier
9. Miles
12. Richt
15. Bielema
18. Sumlin
24. Muschamp
30. Franklin
35. Jones
37. Freeze
52. Pinkel
55. Malzahn
61. Mullen
90. Stoops

I'm sorry, but that's pretty messed up.

I agree with a lot of it. Saban should be one. Spurrier and Miles should be where they are. Richt is probably even in the right space. Even Bielema is fine, because of his success at Wisconsin. But Sumlin has never won a conference championship at any level, which I feel like if you're in Conference USA and you're ranked, you should at least be able to win your Conference championship. Muschamp has been a head coach for two years, and has done a good job, but lack of experience as a HC makes me think he should be lower. Franklin has one good year at Vandy and has never won a conference championship anywhere.

I'm just ticked that Butch is not higher on the list. I know I'm biased. But Butch has been a HC for 6 years, and when you win 4 CC's out of those 6 years, I feel as though that's pretty good. I think he should be higher than Muschamp and Franklin. Maybe Sumlin.

What do you think?

I totally agree with you, but of course my opinion is biased as well. :good!:

Well, if you use that logic, then Dooley is above Franklin.

Remember, Franklin was only a OC at Maryland. This is his first gig as HC.

I honestly believe that Dooley had enough talent on that team to beat vandy by 20. We barely pulled that one out though. Cinci had similar talent to vandy and Butch slapped him all over the field. But, to your comment, then yes, logic would dictate that response.

I honestly believe that Dooley had enough talent on that team to beat vandy by 20. We barely pulled that one out though. Cinci had similar talent to vandy and Butch slapped him all over the field. But, to your comment, then yes, logic would dictate that response.

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant to say that Dooley is better than Butch if you go by who wins head to head.

If op agrees that ark coach is better than the vols I say we should all be livid with our athletic dept.. no way they should have hired a better coach.imo

I think it is pretty spot on other than Sumlin. I'm even ok with where they ranked Jones and Muschamp. The gators in what was supposed to be a "down year" won 11 games and went to BCS bowl.

Rankings arnt terrible. Mullen and Jones are too low. Malzahn and Muschamp are too high. It's only opinion so hard to argue too much with the list.

If op agrees that ark coach is better than the vols I say we should all be livid with our athletic dept.. no way they should have hired a better coach.imo

The reason I would say they did is because Bielema has won a conference championship in a "power" conference. Butch won the Big East, but you could say that the Big 10 is the better conference. That's my ONLY reasoning there.

I think it is pretty spot on other than Sumlin. I'm even ok with where they ranked Jones and Muschamp. The gators in what was supposed to be a "down year" won 11 games and went to BCS bowl.

I don't think that Franklin should be ranked that high. Mullen should be higher. Muschamp is about right.

37188766.jpg

If CBJ had been at Cincy longer and had success the whole time, he might have been higher. Being at Cincy for only a few years and Central Michigan before that brings down his credibility to the powers that be who make this list. In an unbiased world, I would say CBJ is probably around 30 so I would probably put him a little bit higher, but not much.

Give it 3 years and if he can keep up the solid recruiting, he will be a top 10 coach IMO

The reason I would say they did is because Bielema has won a conference championship in a "power" conference. Butch won the Big East, but you could say that the Big 10 is the better conference. That's my ONLY reasoning there.

Butch never won the Big East outright. There were 4 teams with a 5-2 conf. record this past year, and 3 teams the year before.

Going to the Rose Bowl at Wisconsin is more impressive than a 4 way tie for the Big East (sans WVU).

I wonder where other names we heard mentioned in our search are on that list. guys like sweeny, peterson, gundy, strong, patterson...

Butch never won the Big East outright. There were 4 teams with a 5-2 conf. record this past year, and 3 teams the year before.

Going to the Rose Bowl at Wisconsin is more impressive than a 4 way tie for the Big East (sans WVU).

So......?

What has Franklin or Sumlin ever won?

Nothing

VN Store

Back