Coaches Preseason All-SEC List

Lol @ the coaches. All off season long, we've heard them say, "we've got film on JFF".

Guess they have not watched any of it yet.

So Palardy makes third team due to three punters tying on second team. My math puts Palardy on 5th team.

Yep. He punts pretty good though so im glad he is getting some recognition. 36 punts, 43 yrd avg, 16 inside 20, 7 inside 10 and 13 kicks over 50 yards.

Not bad for a kid that is handling the entire load of the kicking game and not just focusing on punting.

Reactions: 1 person
In short, where it's good, it's really good.

Where it's bad, it's really bad

That's why I'm hoping this coaching staff can get more out of our d-line than the previous staff. I'm sure the secondary will see its struggles but if our d-line can step up it would help the DBs out.

Last edited:
I think there is a good amount of talent with the starters but back ups concern me.

You know... UT's back ups with the exception of CB are no more a question mark than most other teams and certainly the teams that put fewer players on these lists.

Yeah, UT lost Hunter and Patterson. But USCe who is being picked as a contender lost Sanders and Lattimore. They have no one who fills those shoes either.

UGA lost practically their whole D.

You could look at every team except possibly Bama and LSU and find that they have holes to be filled... and some holes that cannot be filled by players close to the caliber of player lost.

Sjt18, I am not disagreeing with your main point, but just adding, LSU does have holes to be filled (OL, K, and all over the D) Sure they have some young talent, but so do we.

i'm still surprised that Big Dan is getting so much attention,i know the 3 4 last year was supposedly him plugging up the center of the line,but wasn't they playing the 4 3 most of the time last year ? of course he has dropped some weight and hopefully that will help with his speed,but i still wonder why ? and yes,i hope he has a break out year

I'm confused as to why Johnny Football is playing second fiddle to Murray. Didn't JF win the Heisman last year?

VN Store

Back