Coaches

Vols91

Please for give me in advance. Have we lost any coaches this past week? I’ve been unable to get on the board this week with some sickness. GBO!

Please for give me in advance. Have we lost any coaches this past week? I’ve been unable to get on the board this week with some sickness. GBO!
Yes. I had a post on this. Found out I was asking old stuff. Then,I'm going to because you did it again, they pulled the post titled" Old News Don't Read". Sadly this policing is SAD.

Last edited:
Now we find out how good Heupel is. Two of our best coaches and recruiters are gone, Heupel has to replace them with someone equal to or better than the ones who left. Can he do it?

For those that are younger on this board this is exactly what happened to Fulmer, his best coach Cutcliffe left and Fulmer made a bad hire which cost him his job eventually.

Yes. I had a post on this. Found out I was asking old stuff. Then,I'm going to because you did it again, they pulled the post titled" Old News Don't Read". Sadly this policing is SAD.
Dude the thread you posted literally had a thread right behind it that had been up for several hours. You didn’t take any time to look. If the mods don’t merge or delete similar threads it turns into a crappy board.

Dude the thread you posted literally had a thread right behind it that had been up for several hours. You didn’t take any time to look. If the mods don’t merge or delete similar threads it turns into a crappy board.
Totally agree - hang around a bit and you'll find this is one of the best moderated and ran boards anywhere.

If only there was a place to discuss this redundancy that is redundant to the topic. If only....

Just Heupel...hope you feel better...

Now we find out how good Heupel is. Two of our best coaches and recruiters are gone, Heupel has to replace them with someone equal to or better than the ones who left. Can he do it?

For those that are younger on this board this is exactly what happened to Fulmer, his best coach Cutcliffe left and Fulmer made a bad hire which cost him his job eventually.
I wouldn't overplay this. Leads to unnecessary mouth-breathing.

Our actual best position coach and recruiter is, according to vn.com consensus, Rodney Garner (DL). He's not going anywhere. After him, the concurrence would probably be on Glen Elarbee (OL) as our next best assistant coach. He's not going anywhere, either. After that, they're all kinda equal (except for Willie Martinez who the consensus would say is considerably behind the rest).

So we're not losing "two of our best coaches." We're losing two of our many very good coaches.

We're gonna be fine. Comparisons with Fulmer losing Cutcliffe are, imo, totally invalid.

We're gonna be fine. Repeated for emphasis.

Go Vols!

Yes losing Cut the 2nd time was Fulmer’s undoing along with a couple of bad recruiting classes. The difference is Cut was the mastermind of the offense while CJH is the mastermind now so we’ll be ok. Saban had a revolving door with his staff

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
When we sucked, we couldn't lose a coach if our lives depended upon it. Now that we rock again, we can't keep a good coach if our lives depended upon it.

Nuts
Been the most stable retention rate since early Fulmer imo.

Not exactly the same. The AD at the time Mike Hamilton wouldn’t pay what was needed to hire Fulmer’s top choices for a replacement OC. White doesn’t have the same agenda and won’t hang Heupel out to dry in the same way.

If only there was a place to discuss this redundancy that is redundant to the topic. If only....
Your humility and kindness has me underwhelmed! Hey sport I acknowledged the old thread which had dropped off. I gave you kudos for setting me straight.....wanna be unkind through innuendo go ahead..

Your humility and kindness has me underwhelmed! Hey sport I acknowledged the old thread which had dropped off. I gave you kudos for setting me straight.....wanna be unkind through innuendo go ahead..
No one has been unkind. I simply pondered out loud for everyone voluntarily visiting this particular area to see. I was lamenting the absence of enough appropriate spaces to explore those pondering further. Thou dost protesteth much.

Aren't both going to the NFL? If they were lateral moves that would be a small indicator but I understood they were leaving for NFL jobs.

Not exactly the same. The AD at the time Mike Hamilton wouldn’t pay what was needed to hire Fulmer’s top choices for a replacement OC. White doesn’t have the same agenda and won’t hang Heupel out to dry in the same way.
Fulmer could’ve hired whomever he wanted. He was too loyal to assts and promoted within after Cut went to Ole Miss.

He thought Clawson would bring a fresh offensive perspective so he made the hire after Cut left for Duke. Money wasn’t an issue w Fulmer’s hiring decisions.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back