College Football is officially a joke

How did they beat Michigan in the semifinal? A team who had just blown out Ohio State, who took Georgia to the wire in the other semi? Crazy things happen. That's why you can't simply take who we think are the "four best teams." Games should matter.
Games do matter but who you play also matters.

It apparently meant something to Georgia.
Ga sure seemed to take it personal.
FSU had 24 opt out which is a lot and probably had a lot to do with the score being what it is. They probably would've still lost but maybe not by such a large margin

Reactions: Volfan76
I agree I’m a Big Orange Fan since I was a baby but if you go by facts Ohio St deserves in before Alabama. Number 1 sos , lose to Michigan by 6 at Michigan. Alabama loses to Texas at Alabama where we know that they had to beat the officials as well. College Football is a joke. They have took a sport I have watched for years and made a mockery of a shell of the Football I use to crave every Saturday in the Fall
Well Mo. took it to Ohio State, so they were out. Anyone who watches football much can easily tell for the past say 15 years, knows the top tier sec teams are ahead of the other conferences. This could change in the future, but the past several years that is the waay it has been. And next year if the committe picks the conference champs as in the playoffs, we won;t have the 12 best teams in the playoffs then either. So either the committee needs to change from the 12 best teams or the conference champs and the next best in each conference on down.

Ga sure seemed to take it personal.
FSU had 24 opt out which is a lot and probably had a lot to do with the score being what it is. They probably would've still lost but maybe not by such a large margin
Ga. had 21 out in transfer portal. Ga set out to prove the committee was wrong on the selection and did so on the field. Fla. State players chose not to prove them wrong on the field. They had a chance to do that.

Don’t know if this was said earlier, but I hope Texas wins it all and FSU beats the hell out of Georgia. Perhaps the AP can vote FSU as #1 and we can have a split national champion. Would be perfect ending for this BS.
Yes it would have but Fsu didn't beat Ga.

Their claim to fame is beating the snot out of LSU when LSU was a top 10 team.

They also went undefeated in a conference with Dabo Sweeney and Mack Brown, as well as a Miami team that wrecked A&M.

Why do you love Bama so much that you’re willing to overlook the inconsistency with the playoff selections?
Most everyone wrecked Texas a&m

Reactions: m1al
No, the beef is the committee arbitrarily changing the criteria on a whim. If it has to be the “best four in”, how did they pick TCU and Cincinnati? Neither of those were among the “best four”. Cincinnati was especially ridiculous.
I do agree the committee is very inconsistant on their decisions.

There are 4 teams that are thanking their lucky stars that Georgia was not selected for the playoff. No one, and I mean no one, is beating an angry Georgia.

Reactions: loservol
Ga. had 21 out in transfer portal. Ga set out to prove the committee was wrong on the selection and did so on the field. Fla. State players chose not to prove them wrong on the field. They had a chance to do that.
They definitely set out to make a statement.
FSU should've just opt'd out and let a team that wanted to play take their spot.

Reactions: cgrish
They definitely set out to make a statement.
FSU should've just opt'd out and let a team that wanted to play take their spot.
I think FSU actually thought they could make a good game out of it. They are way off from Ga. Ga. pulled starting qb the 3rd qtr, pulled the dogs off the whole second half.

Yep, just looking at the teams and what they are bringing back, it will be hard for Tennessee to make the top 12. IMO it all depends on Nico. If he is a generational QB we are good to go but I look at the teams coming back and it's hard for me to discount any of these teams from being in the top 12. You have Alabama, Georgia Texas, Ole Miss, Missouri, that's 5 of 12 and they are going to let the conference winners in so then you never know about Oklahoma they will need to get an instant portal upgrade at QB, so as you insinuated its going to be better but there will still be complaining. Especially if some of these mentioned teams get left out because a conference winner of a conference that was down gets in and by eye test, they're not worthy.
Something tells me Mizzou comes down a couple notches next year. Otherwise yeah those other teams will probably be in the mix.

That doesn’t change the facts. UGA had a chance to go undefeated and win their conference. They didn’t. FSU did. The opt outs and who FSU put on the field for the game shouldn’t matter in the slightest. FSU earned the right to play in the playoffs. UGA didn’t.

How long have we all been complaining about Bama playing a weak schedule? Clemson playing a weak schedule? Did it matter? Nope. They made the playoffs. Why? Because they earned it by winning their conference.

Reactions: TN1111
Yes it would have but Fsu didn't beat Ga.
didn’t get a chance to see the game but the score is not pretty if you are an FSU fan. Hope Michigan blows Bama out and Washington wins it all now. Even in a 12 team playoff, someone is going to get shafted by the seeding. Don’t think the controversies end next year.

Seems like we were supposed to meet up and discuss something at halftime of this game. Can you remember what the topic was?
Nope. Maybe you have some weird obsession to keep up with something stupid over a few weeks but I have better things to do. Feel free to refresh if you want to chase whatever dumb point I’m certain is coming next.

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.

Great call, bro. A healthy full roster from FSU couldn’t beat Georgia if they were spotted 20 points.

Nope. Maybe you have some weird obsession to keep up with something stupid over a few weeks but I have better things to do. Feel free to refresh if you want to chase whatever dumb point I’m certain is coming next.
Yea that's the response I expected. Carry on.

VN Store

Back