College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

I didn’t think it was possible to hate someone we only faced once and will (hopefully) never play again so much.

Easy to hate a one-dimensional team whose only as good as they are because a gigantic Redwood tree is allowed sit in the paint for 3-seconds all game and foul with impunity. Officials have no idea how to cover a Zach Edey game.

Easy to hate a one-dimensional team whose only as good as they are because a gigantic Redwood tree is allowed sit in the paint for 3-seconds all game and foul with impunity. Officials have no idea how to cover a Zach Edey game.
And the hate has to run deep as hell to make us pull for freaking Bama. Honestly impressive from Purdue.

Alabama shot a ridiculous 46 Threes today--and made an equally ridiculous 41% of them. Nineteen threes made. That kind
of three-point shooting will win 95 percent of games. They took only 18 two-point shots.

Purdue took only 18 treys and made 44% of them. Purdue's 24 of 28 from the FT line was the difference in the game--that is excellent FT shooting.

As I recall, Purdue shot an absurd 48 FTs against us--and missed a lot of them. Had they shot their FTs well, they'd have beaten us by a bigger margin. To play Purdue and Edey and only give up 28 FTs is pretty good.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Speaking of officiating, that bunch that did our game today was brutal.
Like the unbelievable charging call against Knecht, the walk where the Illinois player dragged his foot 5 inches and pursuant to that, they hit the 3? Maybe it was the initial goaltending that was a no-brainer initially. It was abhorrent.

It is crazy how 11 total fouls are called in first half and 31 in the second half. I just don’t get it.

I know we may have gotten the benefit of the doubt on a few in the 2nd half, but nothing like they got early on.

The SEC has had some solid wins, but overall it’s been another lackluster non-conference showing for the conference so far which isn’t ideal heading into the New Year. Need to pick up some more W’s in the next couple weeks.

VN Store

Back