Compelling Proof of Global Warming

(overseasorange @ Jul 28 said:
OK, and I predict we will be moving toward another ICE AGE sometime in late November :biggrin2:
It just might get cold. :birgits_giggle:

Ok guys, heres my question. The earth is not directly heated by the sun's rays. The atmosphere absorbs this heat energy and then vents it down to earth. Kind of like a small space heater works. Global Warming nuts tell us that if we don't cut back on our emissions then we are just going to keep getting hotter. Well, here is where the albedo effect comes in. Albedo is the average reflective quality of a substance. For example, a black shirt has a very low albedo and therefore it becomes very hot. Another example would be snow. Snow has a very high albedo because it reflects most of the energy from the atmosphere. That is why is hard to look at when its sunny out. Now maybe I'm missing somethng, but it makes since to me that the more particles we put in the air, the more reflection we would get from the atmosphere back out to space. Thus, the earth would be cooling down. I agree that Global Warming is taking place, but it is natural. The human race is not aiding that process, but I don't believe we are speeding it up either. All the measurements and graphs of CO2 are very skewed.

Snow reflects so much because it is white. CO2 is clear, it just traps the heat that radiates back from the planet.

(vader @ Jul 28 said:
Snow reflects so much because it is white. CO2 is clear, it just traps the heat that radiates back from the planet.
I am aware of the greenhouse effect. But the CO2 can't trap heat in if it can't get in to begin with.

This is probably the thinking behind the "Next Ice Age" theory that the NeoCons like to mock.

(vader @ Jul 28 said:
This is probably the thinking behind the "Next Ice Age" theory that the NeoCons like to mock.
This is very simple. And it makes great since. Global Warming backers can't argue this.

warming.jpg

cooling-down.jpg

VN Store

Back