Congratulations to Butch and Coach Mahoney for the No. 1 pick in NFL Draft

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
As expected, Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher was selected first overall in this year's NFL draft. That's a very nice coup feather for future recruiting efforts for offensive linemen, one that our staff can wave proudly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Damn right it will help them the future OL here.

The more I hear about this staff, and coach Jones, the more I love the hire.

Reactions: 3 people
I was coming to post this. Good stuff CBJ.
Ditto. Plus his TE at Cincinnati, Kelcey (Sp?), should go in the 2-3rd. Will probably be the next Gronk. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans snag him with their 3rd pick.

Jones and Mahoney coached him for 5 months. Props for recruiting him, but they didn't make him a 1st rounder.

Ditto. Plus his TE at Cincinnati, Kelcey (Sp?), should go in the 2-3rd. Will probably be the next Gronk. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Titans snag him with their 3rd pick.

Kelce is a beast. I think he's the best tight end in this draft.

Reactions: 1 person
Betcha money Jones and Mahoney have been in contact with him his entire career. They are that type of coaches..you know the ones that actually care!

That may well be. All I know is that Chris Mortensen gave credit to Butch repeatedly for locating this "diamond in the rough," who initially had very few scholarship offers and lower-echelon ones at that. He didn't reference the succeeding coaching staff at CMU.

Reactions: 1 person
That may well be. All I know is that Chris Mortensen gave credit to Butch repeatedly for locating this "diamond in the rough," who initially had very few scholarship offers and lower-echelon ones at that. He didn't reference the succeeding coaching staff at CMU.

Are Mort and Butch friends?

You can whine all you want that he didn't do this or that, but the fact is that UT got some of the best pub that they could get on a forum watched by prospects.

Pretty sure Boomer's comments about Bama trump the Butch Jones mention.

But if it makes you feel better, great.

VN Store

Back