Corso on 1080 Orlando talking Vols Football

I think our defense will surprise people. We have some great talent if they stay healthy and much more experience now. I'm far more concerned with where our offense will be.

Should have been more specific I was referring to his pick of Stanford for the National Championship and the fact they have everyone back from a very good defense..Also they do have Oregon at home this year ..
But I agree with you that our defense will be much much better...

FWIW.....Yesterday afternoon Lee Corso was on 1080 AM Sports radio here in Orlando and was asked what are the best coaching jobs in the country. He went on to say "Mack Brown at Texas is one of the best jobs.. And then went on to say" if I had to pick one it would be Rocky Top with 107,000 screaming on a Sat night and Butch Jones. Watch out for Tennessee and Butch Jones this year he is an excellent coach" Obviously Lee gets it

Corso never gave Dooley an endorsement like this. Wonder why?

They better. Offense needs help.

Yup and it goes both ways, no defense looks good when they can't get off the field for awhile......this is where I pray CBJ is the genius we want him to be. If he can find away to keep us in this game close....we should be pretty confident we got a keeper, it will take excellent coaching to slow this game down.

But if we can't stay in this game at least within a couple of TD's.....what comes after is truly terrifying.

Little off topic, but i really do not want to lose our place as the SEC's largest stadium. With A&M's new expanison we will be second. I don't know I hope we add a few more seats or something cause that just irks me.

UT ranked 4th in the SEC in attendance last year. Let's fill the stadium as it is before we make it bigger for the sake of making it bigger.

Just watch and compare......that's all I'm sayin.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYMALUdPsw[/youtube]

The proof will be in the wins and losses, but seeing a Coach take questions again that doesn't remind me of Buford T. Justice's son is a first step.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree with Corso and the folks above regarding Stanford. If their defense remains intact injury-wise, they will have a historic year. They can also eat you alive on offense with those tight ends.

Also, I don't think Bama makes it back to the title game.

It will be Stanford vs Georgia for the title. A fascinating matchup to say the least. Georgia's only loss going in . . . against us.

Reactions: 1 person
The German analogy...just wow. I dont remember this but it makes me even more depressed that he is coaching my pro team.

If I remember correctly Corso was the only one to pick us before the National Championship game in 98. I think he is spot on with this pick as well. Have not been this excited about VOLS Football in years. GO VOLS!!!!!

If I remember correctly Corso was the only one to pick us before the National Championship game in 98. I think he is spot on with this pick as well. Have not been this excited about VOLS Football in years. GO VOLS!!!!!

Nope he picked FSU. Kirk picked us though.

Corso has always liked UT and the atmosphere. If he were asked what's his favorite fight song, I'd be surprised if he didn't pick "Rocky Top." In fact, I'm pretty sure I've heard him say that before.

That crazy old dude has always liked UT, and I don't blame him.

FWIW.....Yesterday afternoon Lee Corso was on 1080 AM Sports radio here in Orlando and was asked what are the best coaching jobs in the country. He went on to say "Mack Brown at Texas is one of the best jobs.. And then went on to say" if I had to pick one it would be Rocky Top with 107,000 screaming on a Sat night and Butch Jones. Watch out for Tennessee and Butch Jones this year he is an excellent coach" Obviously Lee gets it

corso loves us.

Reactions: 1 person

I wish he had not said that. We don't have a chnce if Corso is picking us.

Agree with Corso and the folks above regarding Stanford. If their defense remains intact injury-wise, they will have a historic year. They can also eat you alive on offense with those tight ends.

Also, I don't think Bama makes it back to the title game.

It will be Stanford vs Georgia for the title. A fascinating matchup to say the least. Georgia's only loss going in . . . against us.
You know that UGA plays Clemson, SC and LSU the first month?

VN Store

Back