Cortez McDowell commits to UT

I'm very glad that the Tennessee coaching staff is doing a great job at recruiting. I will save my "Booms" ,however, for after these recruits sign their letters of intent.

You're going to be purple by February!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm very glad that the Tennessee coaching staff is doing a great job at recruiting. I will save my "Booms" ,however, for after these recruits sign their letters of intent.

Saving up booms could lead to a premature detination.:)

Auburn was the runner-up for McDowell, who said it was a “close call” between the two SEC schools. “I felt like I got great vibes from both, but I felt like something special is going to happen at Tennessee. I want to be part of a good situation.”

:rock:

how lucky were we to land butch

Reactions: 2 people
Cortez McDowell: Tennessee edges Auburn and UGA for No. 1... | College Recruiting | www.ajc.com
Auburn was the runner-up for McDowell, who said it was a “close call” between the two SEC schools. “I felt like I got great vibes from both, but I felt like something special is going to happen at Tennessee. I want to be part of a good situation.”

This I think is the result of Vic, Hurd , TKJ and others' recruiting and showcasing UT to the other recruits... Butch certainly gets it !!

Welcome to the Big Orange young man. God knows we need you !!!

I can't believe I wanted Charlie Strong.

I am the same way. I was disappointed when we didnt get him and wasnt real hyped about CBJ early on but damn he assembled a top notch staff and he is a great man. Expect great things in the upcoming yrs.

Just watched his highlight reel, reminds me of deon grant. Hope he turns out as well as that one did.

It's so refreshing to have a good class 2/3's full in mid July. If this isn't further indictment of the previous regime, I don't know what is.

Go get'em Butch!
It is almost as if we woke up in Australia, where it's summer during Christmas and winter on the 4th of July!

Been following recruiting since the early 90's and I can't recall having a class looking this good, this early in the year. Fulmer always seemed to start off slow and closed with a bang.

I can't believe I wanted Charlie Strong.
I'm excited by the momentum CBJ and staff have going, but Strong would have been a damn solid recruiter, too. Don't think this program would be in any worse shape.

The stadium and facility upgrades really give either of those two something to sell. They both have winning resumes, and that does go a long way with recruits and making players believe.

This is precisely why I hoped Hart would have replaced Dooley before spring practice, last year. Cause players and most recruits alike, had no confidence in the guy...especially after 2/3's of his staff place a vote of no confidence by finding work elsewhere....on their own.

I'm excited by the momentum CBJ and staff have going, but Strong would have been a damn solid recruiter, too. Don't think this program would be in any worse shape.

The stadium and facility upgrades really give either of those two something to sell. They both have winning resumes, and that does go a long way with recruits and making players believe.

This is precisely why I hoped Hart would have replaced Dooley before spring practice, last year. Cause players and most recruits alike, had no confidence in the guy...especially after 2/3's of his staff place a vote of no confidence by finding work elsewhere....on their own.

The last part is so true but it was amazing at the number of vol fans that didn't see the signs that cdd was train wreck n actually thought he was going to be here after year 3.

Here's to cbj not having those issues n winning a championship n not be Johnny majors 2.0. Good but not good enough.:rock:

VN Store

Back