Could Dools really do any worse?

If you dont like the threads by this fanbase, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE ON VOLNATION. PLEASE LEAVE NOW!

GO BIG ORANGE!

He's not even a Tennessee fan.

So maybe he's right... our fans are dumb for actually thinking he's a Tennessee fan.

Dude was a troll from day 1.

you are welcome to leave as well! Either get behind ut or get out of here and you will not have to worry about how 'dumb' this fan base is!

I'm behind Tennessee...just not some of the douchebags that come out during a loss calling out the coach and players and then want to pretend like they are "true" fans. Sound familiar???

I love my vols but some of these "fans" are killing me. This team is not there yet. If you don't have the patience, Bama has room on their bandwagon.

this is Dooley's work. The lack of depth or talent in the secondary? Derek Dooley. The lack of depth on the defensive front, in the LBs or anyone with experience and talent on offense? That's all Derek Dooley. This game is on Dools waaaaaaaaaaay more than it is on Butch.

Seconded. These are probably the same people that were all hyped up when Dools would get a top 25 class.

You're not even a Tennessee fan.

I don't know how so many people bought into you but they obviously never saw your original posts.

Now you get a free pass to call Tennessee fans dumbest in the country when you're not one. You clearly didn't read Texas's board or Florida's, Georgia's etc. following their losses.

You're a phony.

Whatevs

As terrible as watching this game is right now, it is not unexpected. Butch did not have a magic wand that could turn this team from the disaster it was when he arrived into instant champions. This just shows how bare Dooley left the shelves.

One thing I am seeing is the players are not quitting. We may not have the skill players we need to compete with these guys, but I don't see anyone quitting. Oregon is just that good. And during the years since the last national championship, while Tennessee has slid, Oregon has been building up, getting better year after year. It wouldn't surprise me if they are playing in the championship game.

Vols have lots more work to do. I believe it is going to take at least 2 more recruiting classes before they are at the level they want to be. It will get there.

Reactions: 1 person
::spouts cheeseball corporate tag line about patience::

But seriously, be patient. Butch is solid. How they bounce back against Florida is a true indicator for me.

I am a Butch fan, but really, he doesn't have a set. I guess we can look forward to South Alabama.

People are really downplaying how good Oregon is! Outside Alabama & maybe A&M they would do this to ever other team in the SEC and probably the country!

I am a Butch fan, but really, he doesn't have a set. I guess we can look forward to South Alabama.
Dooley would do much much worse. We would still not be recruiting well and his coaching skills were below average. Keep in mind that his players quit on him many times.

Your comment about Butch's manhood is undeserved. He has a lot of rebuilding to do after Kiffin and Dooley's mess. I believe that our secondary is full of freshman and are still learning the game. Oregon's speed (players and play) put the Tennessee defense at an extreme disadvantage, especially when our offense couldn't stay on the field. I can't even recall the names of our receivers.

I wish Butch would have tried running the ball more, early behind our senior O-line. I also don't understand the "slow play" of our running game. It appeared that we were trying to let something develop before our RBs would run. This could have been because they were set up to stop the run, realizing that we could not throw the ball.

I'll take Butch Jones any day over Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley. Wouldn't you? Let's give Butch some time!

Dooley would do much much worse. We would still not be recruiting well and his coaching skills were below average. Keep in mind that his players quit on him many times.

Your comment about Butch's manhood is undeserved. He has a lot of rebuilding to do after Kiffin and Dooley's mess. I believe that our secondary is full of freshman and are still learning the game. Oregon's speed (players and play) put the Tennessee defense at an extreme disadvantage, especially when our offense couldn't stay on the field. I can't even recall the names of our receivers.

I wish Butch would have tried running the ball more, early behind our senior O-line. I also don't understand the "slow play" of our running game. It appeared that we were trying to let something develop before our RBs would run. This could have been because they were set up to stop the run, realizing that we could not throw the ball.

I'll take Butch Jones any day over Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley. Wouldn't you? Let's give Butch some time!

agree with most everything except.... you cannot say you have balls if you don't go for it on a 4th down. you also cannot say you have balls if you continue to have the most vanilla offense against clearly superior opponents.

butch has yet to show he has balls. has shown hes a great recruiter, motivator, and I truly believe defense did the best they could with what we've got. Oregon O is the best in the country absolutely no question. but our offense being on the field more could have cut Oregon's touchdowns in half.

this is Dooley's work. The lack of depth or talent in the secondary? Derek Dooley. The lack of depth on the defensive front, in the LBs or anyone with experience and talent on offense? That's all Derek Dooley. This game is on Dools waaaaaaaaaaay more than it is on Butch.

And if he would have won u would have said it's all on CBJ too. I'm not flaming out like yall but the stupid ignorant hypocrisy is just that stupid.

All yall complaining about how bare the cupboard is understand that it was left full right??? Kiffin didn't leave if full for dooley. CFB recruiting is to regulated to just fill it up in 3 yrs easily. Takes time.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Butch gets it. This is going to take time. And, this game will either make or break the Vols for the florida game.

on that penalty call in the first half. Instead of 3rd and goal for Oregon at our 30 or 35, he gives them a 4th and goal from our 5--and then they score! No matter how you slice it, that was a stupid decision. And so was his decision not go for it on 4th and 1. Sorry, but Butch doesn't "get it" until we see some wins. Otherwise, it's just hopeful blather.

VN Store

Back