Could UT possibly be a top 3.....

JMSqb11

rushing offensive team in the SEC this year? Gurley tweaked his legs and Alabama was surprisingly weak. I have heard we have a top 3 offensive line in the nation. I am eager to see where we end up after the year in rushing stats.

IMO, I am dying to see the Oregon game. The only way we can compete is to run the clock, literally, and keep Oregon on the sidelines.

I am just intrigued by it given this weekends opening looks.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think so. It would be an amazing achievement if it happened and probably mean we got at least 8 wins.

No. Neal and Lane are average backs at best.

True, but if our line is as good as advertised and gives holes, "average" running backs can transform. Like I said, I am intrigued by it. Guess we can only have to wait and see.

Reactions: 2 people
They are both above average. The problem is that many people here on VN feel that unless they are the same caliber as Trent Richardson or Gurley then they are just average.

Nope. That's who they are basically getting compared to and they are nowhere near the caliber RB as either of those two. This offense could use a consistent RB who can hit the hole, and/or break away if need be. We don't have one, yet. He did say "top 3".

Reactions: 1 person
We have a good OL and decent backs, but QB and WR is inexperience so they will make them beat them.Most likely teams are going to load the box to make Worley and Peterman beat them until such time as they start burning them deep with long passes and long runs from the inexperienced WR.

i cant wait to see this thread after neal shreds through the florida D. i say top 3 in the SEC!! the vols go as far as our O- line takes us!!!

Reactions: 8 people
No...just no. We are in great need of a couple of stud backs. I haven't missed a snap since 1987 and I can never remember a time when we were this shallow at the TB position...which simply amazes me. Nothing against Lane or Neal, but they are not top tier SEC backs...they're just not. For that matter, I think we are also very average at QB and WR right now. We need help...hopefully it's on the way!!!

possibly? yes. Likely? probably not.

I am excited, however, about playing some real teams and seeing what team 117 and the coaching staff has in them (more about fight/competitiveness than W/L's sadly)

If we stretch the field with North and spread the defense out to cover our slot threats then our backs have a shot to be mid SEC beasts....alot of ifs...but Worley and the WR's will determine Neal and Lane's fate.

Nothing against Neal and Lane but they are not good enough for that. I am guessing about 6th in SEC. As others have mentioned, teams know we aren't going to throw down the field much so they will stack line to prevent us from running.

rushing offensive team in the SEC this year? Gurley tweaked his legs and Alabama was surprisingly weak. I have heard we have a top 3 offensive line in the nation. I am eager to see where we end up after the year in rushing stats.

IMO, I am dying to see the Oregon game. The only way we can compete is to run the clock, literally, and keep Oregon on the sidelines.

I am just intrigued by it given this weekends opening looks.

I'm afaid that I'm going to want to die after the Oregon game.

I'm afaid that I'm going to want to die after the Oregon game.

Why?...they beat the crap out of our team=expected....we compete strongly =encouraging....we win=die happy :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back