Could you imagine Manning as a Gator?

So is Spurrier saying Wuerffel is a better quarterback? That old man is delusional. Never seen someone so butthurt over not being offered by their home state school. What a clown.

Reactions: WillisWG
Spurrier is still butt hurt about not being offered by Tennessee. God ole Johnson City boy ain't wanted by his home school.
The UT should be butt-hurt for not hiring Spurrier. Imagine what he'd have achieved as our coach, AND, if PM had enrolled down the line as well. We played ourselves by not hiring him.

Spurrier being Spurrier.

"Well, he was very interested for a while," said Spurrier. "And he and his dad came, I think it was the spring game or something, and he admitted that the way we threw the ball around was, you know, best for him. But then the opportunity, it was better at Tennessee because Danny (Wuerffel) and Eric Kresser were here. So, in hindsight, we're all glad he went to Tennessee."

"But they they only lost about three conference games during his time (at Tennessee), all to us," said Spurrier. "They beat everyone else."

Blasphemy!

Video gif. A bird shakes their head back and forth, rapidly and endlessly.

Reactions: McDad
I trying not punch the wall from just reading the title. He's old now and his time has past. Go retire on a beach somewhere and shut the f##k up.

I trying not punch the wall from just reading the title. He's old now and his time has past. Go retire on a beach somewhere and shut the f##k up.
Naw, hang tough, Steve, you're still fun. Cause you pizz off people, mainly we Vols fans. If one can't laugh at themselves, they shouldn't laugh at anybody else.

Spurrier being Spurrier.

"Well, he was very interested for a while," said Spurrier. "And he and his dad came, I think it was the spring game or something, and he admitted that the way we threw the ball around was, you know, best for him. But then the opportunity, it was better at Tennessee because Danny (Wuerffel) and Eric Kresser were here. So, in hindsight, we're all glad he went to Tennessee."

"But they they only lost about three conference games during his time (at Tennessee), all to us," said Spurrier. "They beat everyone else."

Spurrier always enjoyed taking jabs at Tennessee because he was very low on their recruiting board when he prepped at Science Hill High School.

I just saw the HBC video where this thread probably began…

While a student, I did (unfortunately) get to see Spurrier’s Blue Devil’s beat our VOLS in 1988 (at Neyland).. Ugg. I also remember vividly the Gators having beat us many times in the 2000’s and 2010’s even when we had a better team. Like another post a few days ago, UGA has taken over as my second most hated rival (Bama is #1) based on their over the top obnoxious fans.

As far as the HBC, I gotta respect him… especially since he was from East Tennessee. The video is a bit of a parallel to his own choosing to play for the gators over our VOLS long ago… he wanted to be a VOL growing up but the opportunity at Florida was better than Rocky Top at that time. Imagine a Heisman-winning Spurrier wearing Pantone 151!

Go VOLS!

Then we'd actually have a Heisman winner....

Reactions: Volfan1000
Spurrier seemed to be a pressure cooker type of coach who played favorites (insert Terry Dean). I don’t know if Peyton would have done well under him compared to Cutcliff.

I just saw the HBC video where this thread probably began…

While a student, I did (unfortunately) get to see Spurrier’s Blue Devil’s beat our VOLS in 1988 (at Neyland).. Ugg. I also remember vividly the Gators having beat us many times in the 2000’s and 2010’s even when we had a better team. Like another post a few days ago, UGA has taken over as my second most hated rival (Bama is #1) based on their over the top obnoxious fans.

As far as the HBC, I gotta respect him… especially since he was from East Tennessee. The video is a bit of a parallel to his own choosing to play for the gators over our VOLS long ago… he wanted to be a VOL growing up but the opportunity at Florida was better than Rocky Top at that time. Imagine a Heisman-winning Spurrier wearing Pantone 151!

Go VOLS!

It was hard to listen for not being able to deicde if those hands are seriously eff'd up, or just hairy gorilla paws. Very strange looking.

VN Store

Back