Countdown to 2006

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
Cant get here fast enough. Anybody wanna get this started. Not sure what the exact number of days is..... :crazy:

staying in my negative mode, looking for a reason to be optomistic. not looking forward to the upcoming season, fulmer has no answers and untill he does i will stay negative.

Originally posted by smokedog#3@Nov 26, 2005 8:13 PM
staying in my negative mode,  looking for a reason to be optomistic.  not looking forward to the upcoming season,  fulmer has no answers and untill he does i will stay negative.
[snapback]203013[/snapback]​

I bet the clapper isnt looking forward to 2006 either, probably his last if we are lucky :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'd bet that "the Clapper" will win about 9 or 10 games and you'll still be complaining.

I was complaining about him a long time before i became a member of VN. I guess i will bash him as long as he continues letting this program sink like it has.

GAVOL i will still complain untill he can do what he is getting paid for, start winning sec championships. then i will be happy. personally i think we will be lucky to win 7 games next year.

He doesnt have to win SEC championships in my opinion. It never was about the wins, its just his sorry coaching. Discipline, player development,attitudes,and motivation are things a coach is supposed to teach. He does none of the above and gets paid over 2 million in the meantime.

Originally posted by duckman398686@Nov 26, 2005 9:31 PM
Thanks VolNGa.  This thread aint for bashin fulmer.
280 days and counting....... :dance2:
[snapback]203043[/snapback]​

Sorry me and Smoke just couldnt help ourselves. :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle: :birgits_giggle:

Lets clarify... offensive player development. Our defense has turned out plenty of studs in the past several years. Maybe with Cutcliffe back we'll see some offensive performances vintage 1990s. If we're talking player development lets not forget that the defense has done quite well.

Discipline is a key area where we are lacking. This needs to be priority #1 in the offseason.

I'm looking forward to next season. This will be a very very long offseason.

Discipline is a key area where we are lacking. This needs to be priority #1 in the offseason.

Why was it never addressed this year starting after the first game
[snapback]203051[/snapback]​

It should have been but I'm guessing no one realized it was the root of our problem until the bottom had dropped out on the season.

Discipline is a well-known big problem at this point, as well as the ineptness of certain assistant coaches. I'm in favor of giving Fulmer one more season to get these problems fixed; if he doesn't, then he should no longer be our head coach. I'm not the world's biggest Fulmer fan, but I am against emotional reactionary changes. It was only last year that was generally regarded as one of Fulmer's best coaching jobs. We beat Florida, Georgia and Alabama and played in the SECCG. I've said this many times, next season will help define Fulmer's legacy at Tennessee. We either turn it around and contend for the SEC, or we stink it up and he's fired in disgrace. I'm hoping for the fomer.

I think we have a good base for a turnaround. I don't expect NC but I do see a big improvement over this year. My main focus is the psychology problem that seems to be there. I think whoever solves this winds up fixing 95% of the problem.

unlike many people on here, i dont see us going 5-6 again. i think we will improve a great deal from this season, especially with all the talent some teams are losing(shockley in ga, cutler in vandy, croyle in bama, etc). i think ainge ended on a good note to go into next season as well so maybe he can get that confidence back.

I think our defense is losing quite a bit of experience. I'm very optimistic about the returning sophomores next year with some promising red shirts as well. The QB race should be good especially with a good QB coach/OC in there working with them. No way we have this flipping, debate, heads or tails call for who plays again. As long as the returning crew on D steps up we should be way ahead of the game from this miserable season.

Offense will be two notches better, defense will be one notch worse, UT goes 8-4, possibly 9-3 if they get a few breaks, not really a factor in the SEC East race, though.

Why was it never addressed this year starting after the first game
[snapback]203051[/snapback]​

Discipline is one area that coaches hate to admit that it is a problem because it directly goes back to the head coach's responsibility. Once discipline is a problem, it is difficult to correct because the players' mindset has already been established with the coaching staff. If you notice throughout the majority of the season, CPF would not allude much to the discipline problem because that was a reflection on him. In order for CPF to restablish discipline on this team, he must have all the players be accountable to the same team rules and every coach enforce the rules. Some of the rules may even need to be more stringent.

Originally posted by DowntownVol@Nov 27, 2005 3:15 AM
Offense will be two notches better, defense will be one notch worse, UT goes 8-4, possibly 9-3 if they get a few breaks, not really a factor in the SEC East race, though.
[snapback]203380[/snapback]​

I agree with our offense being better, but I disagree about our defense being worse. Yes, we lose some guys up front but we have got guys with enormous talent who got plenty of wrench time this year. Our secondary ought to be just as good as well. I see next season as 10-2 or 9-3.

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 26, 2005 8:07 PM
I'd bet that "the Clapper" will win about 9 or 10 games and you'll still be complaining.
[snapback]203032[/snapback]​
Yes, if those L's are to Ala., Fla., and Ga.!

On the positive side of counting down........

Ainge 64% Completetion Percentage
28 TD's 12 Int
3856 Yards Passing

Foster
1456 Yards Rushing
4.5 Carry
12 TD's

VN Store

Back