Country music thread

Planning on checking this out later this afternoon but received an early surprise in the inbox around noon today. I know BJ has been talking about this being a big rock album, and it definitely stands up to that but (not surprisingly) I find myself gravitating to the slow, sad songs on first listen. That being said, "Head Down, Feet Moving" is going to be absolutely hell on wheels to hear played live, especially at the Lincoln next February.
Got the same email

As for Johnny, good luck defining it to a genre… there’s yacht rock, some stuff that definitely is his alter ego, and some stuff I’d best describe as John Mayer attempting Americana.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
As for Johnny, good luck defining it to a genre… there’s yacht rock, some stuff that definitely is his alter ego, and some stuff I’d best describe as John Mayer attempting Americana.
Dammit did you nail that. I've listened through twice and can't sleep.

Call it whatever you want to. I'll just say it's magical.

Reactions: volfanbill
I know I love American Aquarium and Morgan Wade. They've both got new albums coming out soon. Prolly love Kaitlin Butts most and she just dropped an absolute banger. It's incredible. I've heard the AA album and it's incredible. Everything from Ms Wade is absolute gold. The Silverada albums is prolly their best yet. 49 Winchester has a new album coming out. Emily Nenni is an artist that needs more love. Wyatt Flores, Moreland, Charley. All great stuff

But I'm still crying to Jupiter's Faerie and Who I am breaks me to my soul. Johnny Blue Skie's "Passage Du Desir" might be better than any of his alter ego's albums. It's absolutely incredible. What a summer of new music.

Yeah, didn't really work for me
I think that’s what my issue was. I just don’t care for the new album and they played like 3/4 of it, plus a lot of covers. I loved hearing Carolina In My Mind and at the time I thought Landslide was just Cleto reminiscing because he said he used to sing it all the time in bars. There were 2-3 other covers that night too.

The Flatland that I saw last night was much different than the one I've seen in the past. Felt very bubble gummy
Interesting note on Flatland: they signed to Interscope Records (part of the Universal Records family) and then made Wandering Stars as their first release under said label. Interscope’s big artists are mostly pop and rap: Eminem, Dre, Kendrick Lamar Billie Eillish, Maroon 5, etc…

Take from it what you will…

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I’m sorry, but both Johnny Blue Skies new album and Colby’s new EP are better than The Fear of Standing Still…

Don’t get me wrong, TFOSS is brilliant, but Passage Du Desir and American Son are absolute masterpieces. I’m happy BJ is in a better place, but I need broken, I’m a mess music. Still deciding if I like Roadrunner more too.

Reactions: StarRaider
Saw Stephen Wilson on the tube today... thought it was bruce springsteen for a sec. Thumbs up.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
First time seeing “Silverada” tonight 😂😂. Prolly a horrible idea on a school night but oh well. Not the first bad decision I’ve made, won’t be the last.

I also think @Dallasbowlin was onto something last year. I think part of my critique of TFOSS is that I had already heard the whole album more than once, knew three songs by heart already and knew two others very well. There is definitely something to be said for a new album dropping and getting to hear the whole album as an album first.

Silverada is the best live act in country music and it’s just not close. They tear it down every single show. And the crowd goes berserk

Reactions: rev_greg
4 $36 tickets to Godwin in Asheville cost $212 after fees.

Just want to say F the publicly traded ticket services, I know I have the option to not go, but taking a kid to see one of her favorites is a non negotiable

Bristol isn't too thrilled about Morgan Wade apparently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240810_121817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240810_121817_Chrome.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 16

VN Store

Back