Covid sucks

Go aeiou

TnTrash
After a cruise I Had to fly from Montreal to ORD to Nashville last Friday. Had no symptoms in cab to airport. Boarded plane and started coughing head off non stop.
Felt like sht for 3 days. Finally feeling 60% this morning. I normally walk 1.5 to 2 miles daily. Walked about .3-.4 yesterday.
I thought I heard this strain isn't that bad. Must be the years, 72. Seems much worse than when I had it before.

After a cruise I Had to fly from Montreal to ORD to Nashville last Friday. Had no symptoms in cab to airport. Boarded plane and started coughing head off non stop.
Felt like sht for 3 days. Finally feeling 60% this morning. I normally walk 1.5 to 2 miles daily. Walked about .3-.4 yesterday.
I thought I heard this strain isn't that bad. Must be the years, 72. Seems much worse than when I had it before.
I still haven’t got my bounce back, although the other symptoms were just bad cold-like. Got exposed the week the new vaccine came out. I agree about the years - I turn 70 in a few weeks, and everything takes longer to recover from.

I still haven’t got my bounce back, although the other symptoms were just bad cold-like. Got exposed the week the new vaccine came out. I agree about the years - I turn 70 in a few weeks, and everything takes longer to recover from.
Yeah, we got the old vaccine just before the new one was announced as "available" and only about 8-10 days before the cruise. Not sure how much better the new one is?
A good walk with the dog this morning has helped.
I'm ready to get in the garden again, but don't feel like driving to the nursery that's about 30 minutes away.

Yeah, we got the old vaccine just before the new one was announced as "available" and only about 8-10 days before the cruise. Not sure how much better the new one is?
A good walk with the dog this morning has helped.
I'm ready to get in the garden again, but don't feel like driving to the nursery that's about 30 minutes away.
Did you get Paxlovid? We did, because Hubs is at-risk for lung complications. Worked great, but wow, that Paxlovid mouth, ugh! Tasted like a combination of accidentally biting into a prednisone tablet and somehow tasting brass. It would start to wear off an hour or two before taking the next dose. Definitely made cooking “interesting.”

It wouldn’t stop me from taking it again, though.

Did you get Paxlovid? We did, because Hubs is at-risk for lung complications. Worked great, but wow, that Paxlovid mouth, ugh! Tasted like a combination of accidentally biting into a prednisone tablet and somehow tasting brass. It would start to wear off an hour or two before taking the next dose. Definitely made cooking “interesting.”

It wouldn’t stop me from taking it again, though.
I didn't get Paxlovid. My cardiologist told me not to because of other drugs I take. It was two miserable days, especially traveling/flying, then felling better but tired.
My wife didn't either, although she is the one with lung problems. It hasn't been as bad for her.
I don't know if we will ever go on another cruise. I washed my hands at least 10-15 times daily. Didn't see evidence of people not being at dinner or evening entertainment. Heard no complaints until the last day when a worker said they were short staffed because so many of them had covid. :eek:😨😰🫢🚢

Reactions: VolNExile
Hope and pray you feel better

Reactions: Go aeiou

I hope you feel well soon, my friend.

Reactions: Go aeiou
I waited too long last year to get the Covid vaccine. I kept forgetting to make the appointment, and what happened? Of course, I caught Covid. It kicked me in the face for 8 straight days. I never really had a cough, but I was achy all over and always tired, but couldn’t sleep well because my sinuses were swollen shut. It was the pits.

So I got the shot yesterday. Yeah, I do not want to go through that again. I learned my lesson.

Wow you people, just wow. I had covid in 2021, yes it was rough, but my body made antibodies to fight it off from now on, and it's Forever. No shots, never will get a shot, and haven't been sick (Not even a cold) in 3 years now. Quercetin complex is the answer. I really feel sorry for people who don't do supplementation with the proper vitamins D.C, E, and Zinc along with Quercetin and NAC. No side effects to this approach. Every best wish.......

Wow you people, just wow. I had covid in 2021, yes it was rough, but my body made antibodies to fight it off from now on, and it's Forever. No shots, never will get a shot, and haven't been sick (Not even a cold) in 3 years now. Quercetin complex is the answer. I really feel sorry for people who don't do supplementation with the proper vitamins D.C, E, and Zinc along with Quercetin and NAC. No side effects to this approach. Every best wish.......
Supplement all you like, but one infection doesn’t protect you forever for viruses that frequently mutate, like Covid (and flu.) Yes, nutrition is important. Glad you’re doing well!

Supplement all you like, but one infection doesn’t protect you forever for viruses that frequently mutate, like Covid (and flu.) Yes, nutrition is important. Glad you’re doing well!
I'm quite good with my God given Immune system, and don't plan on allowing Man to make alterations. Trust God, not Man. I assume you haven't heard of any adverse events. What rock? But anyways, carry on. I'm 3 years without even a sniffle, and out amongst the masses every day. And probably older than thou. I do wish you the best....

Last edited:
Reactions: CAVPUT
I'm quite good with my God given Immune system, and don't plan on allowing Man make alterations. Trust God, not Man. I assume you haven't heard of any adverse events. What rock? But anyways, carry on. I'm 3 years without even a sniffle, and out amongst the masses every day. And probably older than thou. I do wish you the best....
So you take man made supplements?
Are you outdoors or inside with the masses?
Any guess on how/where you got it the first time?

So you take man made supplements?
Are you outdoors or inside with the masses?
Any guess on how/where you got it the first time?

Organic supplements (Man made yeah) made from God's bounty. Indoors rubbing elbows with all types, (including masked up people) close contact, and obviously I came into contact with someone infected in 2021. My Daughter-in-law, an Anesthetist; was required to take the shots, and She almost died from blood clots in her lungs and legs, had two major surgeries, and is now on permanent medication to stay alive. So I have some experience, otherwise I don't just opine uninformed. People need to be more self reliant with proper nutrition, supplementation, exercise, sleep, and not be so dependent on the medical community for their well being. Maybe just my opinion, but it works well for me. Man and his chemicals are the culprit in most of the maladies we encounter.

Last edited:
Organic supplements (Man made yeah) made from God's bounty. Indoors rubbing elbows with all types, (including masked up people) close contact, and obviously I came into contact with someone infected in 2021. My Daughter-in-law, an Anesthetist; was required to take the shots, and She almost died from blood clots in her lungs and legs, had two major surgeries, and is now on permanent medication to stay alive. So I have some experience, otherwise I don't just opine uninformed. People need to be more self reliant with proper nutrition, supplementation, exercise, sleep, and not be so dependent on the medical community for their well being. Maybe just my opinion, but it works well for me. Man and his chemicals are the culprit in most of the maladies we encounter.
Drugs to prevent blood clots? Which ones?

Drugs to prevent blood clots? Which ones?
I'm not familiar with her protocol. She doesn't really like to talk about it, She is actually back at work now, but must take those meds forever. Her statement "If I hadn't been in medicine, I would have been just another statistic." The Lung diagnosis was originally a tumor, it presented as a "Large Mass" on the MRI. That's not a normal clot, and historically blood clots were busted/dissolved without major surgery. Not these. Long & Fibrous. Most of this information is available to anyone interested in a search for the truth....

Everybody I know getting beat up with Covid now is vaxxed.

Last edited:
Everybody is know getting beat up with Covid now is vaxxed.

Exactly. All those "Variants" are the spike protein working their magic. 2024 Study in England showed that 95% of the covid hospitalizations were vaccinated individuals. I have Friends in Maine who get covid 3-4 times a year. So sad and unnecessary. Thanks to "Safe & Effective". And I always know when I see a mask....... Followers.

Reactions: CAVPUT and txbo
Exactly. All those "Variants" are the spike protein working their magic. 2024 Study in England showed that 95% of the covid hospitalizations were vaccinated individuals. And I always know when I see a mask....... Followers.
The variants are coming from the vaccines. It's what they call "leaky mRNA". It kills part of the spike protein but not all. With every booster you get a new variant.

Exactly. All those "Variants" are the spike protein working their magic. 2024 Study in England showed that 95% of the covid hospitalizations were vaccinated individuals. I have Friends in Maine who get covid 3-4 times a year. So sad and unnecessary. Thanks to "Safe & Effective". And I always know when I see a mask....... Followers.
Or maybe someone who lives with a chemotherapy patient. Show a little compassion and imagination.

I have not had Covid and have gotten vaccines regularly with no side effects. This is my personal choice and it doesn't bother me what other people do. I don't wear mask, do go to ballgames, do wash my hands regularly and do enjoy life. It's a personal choice for my spouse, adult disabled son and has worked so far. I'm in my 70's.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
I have not had Covid and have gotten vaccines regularly with no side effects. This is my personal choice and it doesn't bother me what other people do. I don't wear mask, go to ballgames, wash my hands regularly and enjoy life. It's a personal choice for my spouse, adult disabled son and has worked so far. I'm in my 70's.
U do covid as you see fit, but come on man, wash your hands.

I said in above statement I wash my hands regularly. What would you prefer I say?

I have not had Covid and have gotten vaccines regularly with no side effects. This is my personal choice and it doesn't bother me what other people do. I don't wear mask, go to ballgames, wash my hands regularly and enjoy life. It's a personal choice for my spouse, adult disabled son and has worked so far. I'm in my 70's.
Both times that we have gotten covid it has been on a cruise ship. I think there is something about people coming from everywhere in the US plus 40-50 other countries, and boarding a cruise ship and being indoors in somewhat close quarters. Particularly in dining rooms, buffets, theatres, buses, airplanes, etc. Also in 70s. I'm a retired CPA.

Reactions: CPA
I think there is something about people coming from everywhere in the US plus 40-50 other countries, and boarding a cruise ship and being indoors in somewhat close quarters. Particularly in dining rooms, buffets, theatres, buses, airplanes, etc.
I'm pretty sure that even a CPA can figure that one out. Cruise ships have always been havens for infectious diseases. Fun as hell, though.

VN Store

Back