Criminal Tax Evasion Charges Forthcoming Against Trump Org.

When prosecutors abuse their power by using their office to try and settle scores against their political opponents, we have truely and finally entered third world banana republic stage. Say whatever you want about Trump, despite his rhetoric about locking Hillary up, he never actually turned prosecutors loose on her. Democrats have no such scruples. They play for keeps, precedent and consequences be damned.

I've seen questionable charges levied at him before. I'll wait for more details.

Reactions: StarRaider
in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive
It would be highly unusual to indict a company just for failing to pay taxes on fringe benefits, said several lawyers who specialize in tax rules. None of them could cite any recent example, noting that many companies provide their employees with perks like company cars.
Finally, after all these years, they have him.

When prosecutors abuse their power by using their office to try and settle scores against their political opponents, we have truely and finally entered third world banana republic stage. Say whatever you want about Trump, despite his rhetoric about locking Hillary up, he never actually turned prosecutors loose on her. Democrats have no such scruples. They play for keeps, precedent and consequences be damned.

An odd way to spin tax evasion. If he didn't do it, he should look forward to thumbing his nose at the libs in court.

Anyhoo. He fired Sessions for refusing to use the DOJ as his personal revenge machine and used Barr and the DOJ as a political tool - so thanks for inviting me to say "whatever", it's always fun for me to twist the knife in Trumps fat filled back.

An odd way to spin tax evasion. If he didn't do it, he should look forward to thumbing his nose at the libs in court.

Anyhoo. He fired Sessions for refusing to use the DOJ as his personal revenge machine and used Barr and the DOJ as a political tool - so thanks for inviting me to say "whatever", it's always fun for me to twist the knife in Trumps fat filled back.
Lol you wanna nibble at this stink bait thread? Really?

As long as you don’t mind President DeSantis doing the same to Biden come spring 2025. Investigate ANY politician long enough and you can collar them in something. Because, like all Dimocrats, you fail to heed the warning “Never deploy a weapon you don’t want deployed against yourself “. It’s the same shortsighted foolishness that leads them to seriously contemplate abolishing the filibuster.But if this is the world you really desire, so be it.
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Not a fan of trump but comments made by the New York AG and these leaks coming from the case do not make this seem like an impartial investigation.

Reactions: Wireless1
This is now the endgame of the American Republic. Once you start prosecuting and jailing previous leaders, it is only a matter of time before one side or the other jails ALL of its opponents and establishes a single party state. It really doesn’t matter if it is the Democrats or Republicans that end up doing it, multi party democracy can not survive this. The Democrats accused Trump daily of “autocratic tendencies” even though he jailed exactly ZERO opponents. THIS however is real unvarnished autocracy. The American way has always been to leave your predecessor alone. Not anymore
Welcome to Venezuela commrade. We are at the gate.

This is now the endgame of the American Republic. Once you start prosecuting and jailing previous leaders, it is only a matter of time before one side or the other jails ALL of its opponents and establishes a single party state. It really doesn’t matter if it is the Democrats or Republicans that end up doing it, multi party democracy can not survive this. The Democrats accused Trump daily of “autocratic tendencies” even though he jailed exactly ZERO opponents. THIS however is real unvarnished autocracy. The American way has always been to leave your predecessor alone. Not anymore

Nobody is going to jail.

Your memory sucks.

Reactions: hog88 and Septic
At most the company will pay a fine less than the money the DA spent investigating.

I'm not a lawyer, but the article says 'criminal' and not 'civil' - would that imply that someone is going to have to answer for the 'criminal' charges and not just the faceless Trump.org paying a fine?

They are just trying to discredit his influence further. Just like the 1/6 Commission and just in time for midterms.
It would be interesting to see the Treasury Dept vs DOJ in a standoff. I would buy tickets.

There is a reason that both Nixon and Clinton were never pursued criminally after they left office. Cooler heads prevailed realizing that prosecutorial revenge destroys democracy. But the irrational mindless hatred of Trump (who IS NOT a person I will EVER defend BTW) will destroy us all. Leave the man alone and let him fade into his deserved irrelevance. Do not use the full power of the state to seek petty vengeance. The cost is more than we can pay

VN Store

Back