Crompton

Will he be redshitred?

• Total voters
Originally posted by milohimself@May 23, 2005 10:56 PM
If it does, then start Hardegree or whoever. We'll get whatever we've got coming to us for letting our QB's get injured like that.
[snapback]97468[/snapback]​

Milo . . . what the heck are you talking about? I just don't follow that.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 23, 2005 7:58 PM
Milo . . . what the heck are you talking about?  I just don't follow that.
[snapback]97473[/snapback]​

If we are doing badly enough in QB coaching, decision making, or our offensive line is doing poorly enough that we lose two QB's in one season, we probably don't deserve to do that well.

Follow yet?

Originally posted by milohimself@May 23, 2005 11:18 PM
If we are doing badly enough in QB coaching, decision making, or our offensive line is doing poorly enough that we lose two QB's in one season, we probably don't deserve to do that well.

Follow yet?
[snapback]97491[/snapback]​

I follow what you are saying, I just don't agree with it. 1) I don't think you can lay blame for freak injuries. 2) I don't think you ever just give up on a season.

I want Crompton to have more time here, but the fact is just like last year, the best QB will emerge regardless.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 23, 2005 8:25 PM
I follow what you are saying, I just don't agree with it.  1) I don't think you can lay blame for freak injuries.  2) I don't think you ever just give up on a season.
[snapback]97505[/snapback]​

You're probably right... Hopefully Fulmer and crew will make sure it doesn't happen again.

Well, the obviously aren't doing too good of a job so far considering all the injuries we have already had in the off season. Need some new S&C coaches if you ask me..

Originally posted by vols3131@May 23, 2005 3:42 PM
They won't redshirt Crompton this year simply because of what happened last year with Ainge and Scheaffer going down. 

That is quite ridiculous. The chances of two starting QB's getting hurt is quite slim. Happening again? Slim to none.

We have two better QB's right now...easily.

RS him

I want to see Jon playing, but not at the expense of the team or Ainge.

I truly think that Jon will be a 1 or 2 coming out of Fall practice. I really believe he is THAT good.

I voted redshirt. Because of the loss and waste of just having a #3 that good. It could be more valuable to have him just keep a play book in his hand understand the speed of the next level game. I think we all agree he's going to challenge for the #1 spot.

Just depends on what the staff decides to do. Even if redshirted and i could be very wrong! If there was persay mid season injury situation.

Cant he be pulled out? I mean lets say ok we are 8-0 but 1 QB is out for the season or until end of regular season. The other has been beat up on some what, and the east hasent been completely locked up. Do you continue with again "persay" QB that for what ever reason isnt 100% and Bo Hardagree at the ready.
Chance the rest of the season? or pull out the redshirt? Again im not real clear on that rule. So if it isnt even possible then it makes a tough decision for the summer/fall.
Defense? ummmm' glad i do not read that website.... DB? LOL im sure he was great! But he's cash in the bank right now'.

Not to be ugly but we all know' thats a ludacris idea..We arent in need of DB's jus lack of depth to step up...Crompton as a DB' can only mean he read's them!
He see's the field he's walking on water! or we are in trouble big time!

Ainge said himself that he learned alot from watching RC run the offense, let him spend some quality time on the sidelines learning something

Hopefully, a redshirt. . . .assuming no rule changes or QB injuries this year. Last year was a freak occurrence; I know the "play calling" or "line play" came into question, but that stuff happens all the time without season-ending injuries. Two in a season is unreal.

And GAVol, I hope you didn't jinx us with the Colquitt scenario, there, buddy. . . .

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@May 24, 2005 12:48 PM
And GAVol, I hope you didn't jinx us with the Colquitt scenario, there, buddy. . . .
[snapback]97655[/snapback]​

:D After last year, I think it's pretty much impossible to jinx us when it comes to Quarterbacks.

redshirt.

with no injuries:
1. ainge
2. clausen
3. cooter/hardegee
4. cooter/hardegee

with one injury:
1. ainge/clausen
2. cooter/hardegee
3. cooter/hardegee

with two injuries:
1. crompton
2. cooter/hardegee
3. cooter/hardegee

i dont see why u would start cooter/hardegee just to spite ourselves over injury(s). while it would be crazy rare for 2 qbs to go down in consecutive years, it doesnt mean it was the coaches fault. what if one of the qbs was hurt by a cheap but legal hit on an interception return? is that the coaches fault? what if one of the qbs was hurt in an off-field incident such as a car wreck? is that the coaches fault? what if a qb is hurt on a blown blocking scheme? is that the coaches fault? we shouldnt throw away a potentially great season just because a few of us are gluttons for punishment.

these would be my redshirt picks, assuming we wont have d myers, t cox, g williams, or u alexander:

redshirts-
1. m hardesty
2. v richard
3. d williams
4. m rawls
5. a mathis
6. j cottam
7. a rogers
8. r kemp
9. w brown
10. j crompton
11. m johnson
12. l coker

possible redshirts-
13. s shelley
14. c scott
15. r henderson
16. r mccoy
17. a myers-white
18. l taylor
19. a wardlow

non redshirts-
20. j mcneil
21. j briscoe
22. d morley
23. d bolden

im not sure about the middle group because most can contribute this year, and probably early, at least on special teams, but most will need to learn their position and a redshirt will help.

I think you are right that Bolden and Morely are definitely not going to redshirt along with McNeil. The thing I am confused about is Briscoe. I still can't figure out how a true freshman fits in at WR as deep as we are at that position. Add to that the fact that he had on a GREEN jersey in the O&W game like they were already sold that he could play. Is this kid that good to see PT this year. Is it a case that they figure he won't be here for 5 years anyway so why not go ahead and get him in?

VN Store

Back