Current Thoughts on "Toss-UP" Games?

volgrad500

The Oracle of Orange
After yesterday's nightmare, how would you pick the games that most have circled as toss-up/must-haves for the VOLS. I'm including in that Auburn, Vandy, Missouri, and possibly (gulp) Kentucky.
I'd still list Vandy and Kentucky as wins. Not as confident for Mizzou and Auburn, though still very winnable.

I still think we win 3 out of 4, although I don't put UK in the tossup category. We win 2/3 of Auburn, Vandy, and Mizzou.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

After yesterday's nightmare, how would you pick the games that most have circled as toss-up/must-haves for the VOLS. I'm including in that Auburn, Vandy, Missouri, and possibly (gulp) Kentucky.
I'd still list Vandy and Kentucky as wins. Not as confident for Mizzou and Auburn, though still very winnable.

I dunno, I still have my sights set on the 7-5 myself with USCe, GA and FL circled in red. Call me optimistic or dreaming if you want, but it's certainly within our grasp if we want it.

Am I the only person around here that recognizes the fact we got beat by the #2 team in the country and realizes they might be ranked at #2 for a reason?

Reactions: 2 people

The ongoing Chicken Little pity party is ridiculous. UofO is an outstanding football team with a skill set well deserving of the #2 ranking. We don't know if Jones can make the team respond after the beat down but that is what he is paid to do and I believe he is up to the challenge. This thing "ain't over" one tuuuurible game is behind us and it is time to put it in the past. We got whupped pure and simple.:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Kentucky isn't a toss up. We CAN beat all three of the others, and finish 7-5. I actually think we SHOULD win all of those games.

However, if we win 2 of 3, I'll be satisfied. As long as we beat Vandy.

you are disappointed in an expected loss? oh, were you one of the elite few who expected a win?

Uh...no. Where did you see that? I did think our O line would play better, and I honestly thought the QB would be a little more settled, but I didn't expect a win. Have you been reading long, because you apparently suck at it.

We will Win Kentucky And Vandy. I think Auburn could even lose to Vandy ATM...not impressed we should win that too. I think we will win either the Florida or the Mizzou game....

Florida only has fear based on past years, nothing they have done this year makes me think they deserve much more respect that Mizzou....

I still think we can get 7 possibly 8 wins this season.

The only guaranteed win off that list isn't Kentucky. Vandy is good did you see that game last night? They are resilient. Auburn is a talented team that finally has a couch. Mizzou is also a talented team. There is a good chance that we are two more years away from a bowl. I really hope we make one but. We are thin at depth at every position and can't stay healthy.

UT lost to the #2 team in country on the road and now the only game UT will win is South Alabama. Too funny.

If everyone was right about Oregon, I suppose we don't know much about our football team yet.

I thought 6 - 6 was our "break-even" (no pun) result for the season, but before Oregon I thought the Butch factor might push that to 7 - 5.

I suppose we don't know much about Team 117 yet, but the fact is, I saw very few positives from the Oregon game, and our schedule is filled with teams who could beat / give a game to Oregon.

Right now though, South Alabama beat WKU, and I know WKU would have beaten us under Dooley. I don't think any game we have left is guaranteed.

Reactions: 2 people
We are still a 6-7 win team. I still don't think otherwise. If we can figure out a decent passing game and stay/get healthy on defense this should be completely doable.

Reactions: 1 person
The only guaranteed win off that list isn't Kentucky. Vandy is good did you see that game last night? They are resilient. Auburn is a talented team that finally has a couch. Mizzou is also a talented team. There is a good chance that we are two more years away from a bowl. I really hope we make one but. We are thin at depth at every position and can't stay healthy.

I actually didn't see the Vandy game-just from the score updates I was getting early on I assumed they got handled pretty easily. At this point, I'm glad as hell they lost the opener against Ole Miss.

Reactions: 1 person
I know it was only 10 minutes, but we came out with a good game plan, and our defense stopped the Ducks on 2 outs, wonder when the last time that happened. Ultimately our Offense could not control tempo, our passing game is toothless, so we are one dimensional...they shortened backfield and that killed the running game.

Then we just got flat out burned on a couple of plays that honestly outside of Alabama, not many SEC teams would have done much better against the speed and play call of the Ducks....

Between the offense not giving them a breather, and players used to giving up....our Defense finally just rolled over. I was HIGHLY HIGHLY disappointed on that....but not so surprised. Had we had some sort of passing game yesterdays game could have been far closer....

Trying to use yesterdays game as a measure for Florida, Mizzou, or Auburn is ridiculous....and gives those programs WAY WAY too much respect, and seems to not understand why and how we got beat yesterday.

The main difference between Florida and Tennessee right now is we know where our program is at, and Florida is still in denial.

We are still a 6-7 win team. I still don't think otherwise. If we can figure out a decent passing game and stay/get healthy on defense this should be completely doable.

I thought at the beginning Worley was the best option, now I'm not sure. Might be one bad game, might have been the opponent or a combination of both. One more game this way and coach needs to look elsewhere. Way to many missed receivers yesterday and to many 3 and outs. Game could have and should have been much closer. That said if he gets it together we can win 7-8 if not and CBJ doesn't change him then we will struggle for 6. We must get healthy also!

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

I thought at the beginning Worley was the best option, now I'm not sure. Might be one bad game, might have been the opponent or a combination of both. One more game this way and coach needs to look elsewhere. Way to many missed receivers yesterday and to many 3 and outs. Game could have and should have been much closer. That said if he gets it together we can win 7-8 if not and CBJ doesn't change him then we will struggle for 6. We must get healthy also!

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

One bad game? He has looked awful three weeks in a row.

I think we beat Kentucky and maybe Mizzou depending on our own resiliency and injuries.

I don't think we beat Vandy or Auburn unfortunately. Looking like another 5 win season based on our offensive ineptitude at QB. If our young DBs grow up fast maybe we'll have a chance against Vandy. Auburn probably still has too much talent for us.

Just taking the first three games to go by, it is hard for me to say that any game left is a for sure win or if UT has an edge in a "toss up" game. UT has to find some balance, if not UT will be easier to defend...teams will dare UT to throw and keep doing it until UT can find some QB play and the ability to stretch the field. I think the defense will get better but without the ability to maintain drives, depth will be an ongoing topic and talking point in losses. Right now, I cant point to any game I am comfortable with predicting a win. Not saying UT will not win 6 games because I think they are capable, just gotta see how they bounce back and adjust

I really thought we would play them tougher, but yesterday didn't change my perception one bit. Butch is giving Peterman as many reps as possible for a reason, and its not because Worley doesn't need the work. When he is ready to take over, this offense will click better. We beat South Carolina and lose the GA, Bama, and FLA. We win the rest. Some of them tough wins, but we get through. I also think we get Mo back by the halfway point. I think the NCAA drops this so they don't have to go into Bama to collect trophies.

Just taking the first three games to go by, it is hard for me to say that any game left is a for sure win or if UT has an edge in a "toss up" game. UT has to find some balance, if not UT will be easier to defend...teams will dare UT to throw and keep doing it until UT can find some QB play and the ability to stretch the field. I think the defense will get better but without the ability to maintain drives, depth will be an ongoing topic and talking point in losses. Right now, I cant point to any game I am comfortable with predicting a win. Not saying UT will not win 6 games because I think they are capable, just gotta see how they bounce back and adjust

Solid in my opinion. Especially the need to maintain drives. Our depth requires that these guys get at least a breather or we are in trouble.

I don't consider KY a toss up. I think of the remaining 3, we win 2. And yes, I think we beat auburn.

VN Store

Back