Curt maggitt may play Saturday against AP

OLEVOLFAN

From the presser today it was mentioned that maggitt may play against AP. I don't think this would be a good idea cause we don't need him the 1st 2 weeks. I would think they would sit him so he would be 100% by Oregon!

Reactions: 6 people
Ya, he better be benched until Oregon. We need this guy to be healthy. He played when he shouldn't have last year, don't need him hurt again.

Reactions: 1 person
From the presser today it was mentioned that maggitt may play against AP. I don't think this would be a good idea cause we don't need him the 1st 2 weeks. I would think they would sit him so he would be 100% by Oregon!

The sooner he can test his knee in a real game the better. He doesn't need to play much, I agree with that, but the sooner he can test it in real game action the better and more confident he will be with it. Waiting till Oregon, if he is healthy enough to play some prior to that would be a huge mistake IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Really though, he should play sparingly in the WKU game and get ready for the OREGON game, he will do a lot of running. Like any good LB would do.

I don't get the premise here. Dude is healthy enough to play or isn't. Sitting for fear of injury, if he's healed, is stupid as hell.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't get the premise here. Dude is healthy enough to play or isn't. Sitting for fear of injury, if he's healed, is stupid as hell.

That really isn't correct. A repair reaches the point where the risk of being injured isn't very great but there is still a lack of strength. I know this from personal experience with rotator cuff surgery. He may be able to play without significant risk of injury but due to a lack of strength in the joint, his snaps would need to be limited.

Reactions: 2 people
We really won't need him against AP, but WKU might put up a fight. It would be nice to have him playing by then.

We really won't need him against AP, but WKU might put up a fight. It would be nice to have him playing by then.

Why is everyone so scared of WKU, just because they got petrino doesn't mean jack! I'm sure his mind will probably be on finding some chick to ride on the back of his bike anyway!

If he can play then let him play.

He was listed as #2 on the depth chart for this week, so I am sure they plan on him seeing time.

That really isn't correct. A repair reaches the point where the risk of being injured isn't very great but there is still a lack of strength. I know this from personal experience with rotator cuff surgery. He may be able to play without significant risk of injury but due to a lack of strength in the joint, his snaps would need to be limited.
then he isn't healthy, period.

Wrong again. He can be healthy and still not have the endurance to play a lot of snaps. Health and endurance are two different things.

You've moved from strength to endurance and still missed the point. Holding him out of games for fear of injury is stupid. He can either play or isn't ready. The two don't mix.

You've moved from strength to endurance and still missed the point. Holding him out of games for fear of injury is stupid. He can either play or isn't ready. The two don't mix.

No, the two go together when a joint is involved. The ligaments can be fully healed and the risk of injury can be low, but muscle strength and endurance can be a longer process. So, it can be fine for him to play but his reps may need to be limited for a while.

Why is everyone so scared of WKU, just because they got petrino doesn't mean jack! I'm sure his mind will probably be on finding some chick to ride on the back of his bike anyway!

Is UK scared of playing WKU at a neutral site this weekend? Probably not. We're not scared of UK so why should we worry about WKU?

VN Store

Back