Curt maggitt may play Saturday against AP

Why is everyone so scared of WKU, just because they got petrino doesn't mean jack! I'm sure his mind will probably be on finding some chick to ride on the back of his bike anyway!

WKU will have a distinct advantage over us and that advantage is Petrino's play-calling ability vs Jancek's. we will have better players though and in the end it should be enough.

he needs to play some against WKU to get the speed of the game back but playing against AP..... might as well go play a friday night game somewhere!! I hope he is 100%

Kid needs some reps to be able to ease his mind about the knee. Maggitt also needs some game speed plays to hone his reaction time and tackling skills. I'm sure his playing time will be limited at first as would be expected.
I want to wish Curt well and let him know that the fans appriciate his hard work.

I don't get the premise here. Dude is healthy enough to play or isn't. Sitting for fear of injury, if he's healed, is stupid as hell.
I think the issue a lot of the times is that players feel they can play, and when they do, some soreness or swelling occurs.

He's rehabbed to play. That is what all the hard work is for. If he's ready, PLAY!!!

Give him limited snaps. He's been practicing fine, and this first game won't be much more than a glorified practice anyway. Evaluate from there, play him a little more vs. WKU, get him ready for the main event at Oregon.

Reactions: 2 people
Glad he's physically ready to play. Let's hope mentally he's ready too. He needs to get reps prior to Oregon, let's just hope we don't NEED him to play prior to Oregon.

I don't get the premise here. Dude is healthy enough to play or isn't. Sitting for fear of injury, if he's healed, is stupid as hell.

Agree. I don't get why anyone would want him to test his knee in-game for the first time against Oregon, particularly when he's cleared by the doctors for game 1.

Only one way to get there and it's probably best to start with a glorified high school squad for an opponent.

or you keep building confidence in practice to where he goes in the game when he isn't thinking about it anymore. You can't play lb at this level and try to protect your knee.
It's amazing what some of these players are doing by coming back so quickly. The medical advancements are big, but the mental aspect is amazing. Unless you've had something like that, you don't understand how it can take time to go out and play without worrying about it. At that level, if you are worried just can't let loose of the reigns, you practice until you can.
That said, it usually just takes a good game hit to turn the switch back on.

Why is everyone so scared of WKU, just because they got petrino doesn't mean jack! I'm sure his mind will probably be on finding some chick to ride on the back of his bike anyway!
I don't think they have a legitimate shot at beating us, but they might give us a good fight. Remember Troy?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ya, he better be benched until Oregon. We need this guy to be healthy. He played when he shouldn't have last year, don't need him hurt again.

I don't agree he needs to to build some confidence in that knee before Oregon. He won't get that on the bench.

VN Store

Back