Darel Middleton Tweet (Commit)?

What most people on the football forum don't know that will alleviate their worries a bit, is most project him to be the top guy in the state for his class. Once the stars start rolling in nobody will complain.

This. More than likely a top 50 national guy. Projects to be a DE in college. Kid is a freak athlete.

Reactions: 1 person
The first thing that came to mind when watching those highlights was the old Larry Munson. "My God, a Freshman"

I wouldn't have thought twice from looking at the film if this kid was a 4 Star class of '14.

Last edited:
What most people on the football forum don't know that will alleviate their worries a bit, is most project him to be the top guy in the state for his class. Once the stars start rolling in nobody will complain.

Rivals hates UT.....Now that this guy has committed to Tennessee he will be lucky to get one star. :)

With all due respect to our coaches, I would be very cautious about offering a freshman in high school.

This is freshman in a 5* senior's body and ability. Keep him if you have to offer him every week. CBJ & Co., you've really got it going. WOW

This guys commitment means nothing to me. 3 years along with countless hours of recruitment will change things.

That being said I hope he sticks because I've never seen a freshman with that size and speed

This kid is scary to be that young. we will have to be better than six and six by the time he graduates high school to hold this recruit.

Just wait til he really gets used to his body. He's gonna be even better and likely faster.

Is this a varsity game, or is he playing against other freshmen? He is very impressive regardless.

Varsity. This one should be interesting. In other news, I'm not the biggest fan of the new Powell jerseys. I say new because I haven't seen any Powell games since going in there in the late 90's.

Okay - here is the real story. First, yes, that is his real Twitter account. Second, although he is a freshman, he should be a sophomore. Nevertheless, he is huge and incredibly athletic. How do I know, my son plays for Powell too.

He has a ton of athletic talent, is fast, big and strong. His hands are so so at this point, but would expect them to improve over the next few years. He definitely has a tremendous upside.

Now for the not so good news. So far he has NOT demonstrated a killer attitude and can be incredibly lazy at times. Hopefully he will grow out of that and improve his attitude. Otherwise, he will probably not live up to his potential. I've seen far too many great athletes fizzle out and I sincerely hope he is not one of them.

Varsity. This one should be interesting. In other news, I'm not the biggest fan of the new Powell jerseys. I say new because I haven't seen any Powell games since going in there in the late 90's.
They got the new orange jerseys last year and look pretty good in person. I prefer them over the white, but still like the black the best!

I like him better on defense than offense. He single handedly won a game last year on a sack/fumble at the end of the game! However, he mostly plays on offense right now. There isn't a corner in the state that can match up against his size, but his WR skills are very raw. He basically relies solely on his size - but who can blame him ;)

Definitely liked what I saw on offense, but LOVED what I saw on defense! He is gonna be a beast! Welcome to UT DM, VFL!

This kid's going to have fifty offers by the end of his sophomore year...let Butch keep recruiting him for three years...commitment or no...make this relationship strong...hoping this Hurd-Kelly-Wharton recruiting demon dynamic becomes a Vol tradition..rising juniors that take the mantle every recruiting season after commitment
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back