Darius Morgan

Its not all about 40 times. He has good size. What im wondering is why we are going after so many WR's. We have a plethora as is.

don't worry we only go after the mediocre receivers...aka Antonio Bell

You guys put way too much stock in star ratings

Patrick Willis 3 star

Steve Slaton 3 star

Tyrone Prothro 3 star

Simeon Castille and DJ Hall were 3 stars

Chris Brown was 2 stars

Marcus Monk 3 stars

While these College greats were

Malcolm Rawls 4 stars

David Holbert 4 stars

Todd Cox 4 stars

Daniel Brooks 4 stars

Robert Johnson, who couldn't beat out Casey Dick as QB 4 stars

Point being, don't knock a kid for being rated a 3 star or whatever until you see them screw up or suck while wearing orange.

Bell goes up against some good competition while being a 4 year starter at a 6A Florida school. You weren't complaining when that 3 star Rod Wilks signed with UT

You guys put way too much stock in star ratings

Patrick Willis 3 star

Steve Slaton 3 star

Tyrone Prothro 3 star

Simeon Castille and DJ Hall were 3 stars

Chris Brown was 2 stars

Marcus Monk 3 stars

While these College greats were

Malcolm Rawls 4 stars

David Holbert 4 stars

Todd Cox 4 stars

Daniel Brooks 4 stars

Robert Johnson, who couldn't beat out Casey Dick as QB 4 stars

Point being, don't knock a kid for being rated a 3 star or whatever until you see them screw up or suck while wearing orange.

Bell goes up against some good competition while being a 4 year starter at a 6A Florida school. You weren't complaining when that 3 star Rod Wilks signed with UT

This would be because I'm not going off of stars, I'm going off of highlight footage I've seen. Given, highlight footage isn't the best indicator ever but it's all I have. And I wasn't impressed with Bell the way I was with Wilks.

Would you trade Daniel Brooks for that lowly 3 star Patrick Willis?

absolutely now...back then I didn't even follow recruiting so I can't say much about that. I think I only started following recruiting in 2004. If it makes you feel better I thought Wes Brown shouldn't have been a 4 star (right about that one I think) and didn't think D-MO was really 5 star worthy.

The recruiting sites arent always 100% accurate...i have a feeling he runs faster than a 4.7 40

you may be right but from videos its not much faster. All they do is throw lobs to him

Well that means hes getting by people if he catches it and theres no way those DB's from Florida run slower than 4.7...hell i run a 4.7

Hes got good hands, good leaping ability and hes hard to bring down...definately not a speedster but i like his size

I know you guys think he is a steal, but the numbers don't lie. Forget his stars. I see 4.7 (slow DE speed at UT) 2 bench reps, a 27 inch verticle and a 4.22 shuttle. Guys I run a 4.4 shuttle and I'm not exactly thunder and lightning. Ok he is 6' 4" but a guy that can only do 2 bench reps can't block, and a 4.7 40 can't run.

I know you guys think he is a steal, but the numbers don't lie. Forget his stars. I see 4.7 (slow DE speed at UT) 2 bench reps, a 27 inch verticle and a 4.22 shuttle. Guys I run a 4.4 shuttle and I'm not exactly thunder and lightning. Ok he is 6' 4" but a guy that can only do 2 bench reps can't block, and a 4.7 40 can't run.

Ahmad Paige's max at bench was 185 when he signed with the Vols last spring

so what about bench reps. thats the least important stat of them ALL! OMG! he's got long arms.. like me..
WR's use bench prolly less than any other spot on the field except for the QB!! who cares what a WR can Bench.. it tells you how strong your pectorial muscles are! thats it!

I didn't post this to argue. Just thought I'd point it out.

sorry, just venting a bit. If Tennessee can't do anything with 4 or 5 highly touted recievers coming into the year, I just don't see how they are going to be able to do jack with a WR that runs a 4.7

so what about bench reps. thats the least important stat of them ALL! OMG! he's got long arms.. like me..
WR's use bench prolly less than any other spot on the field except for the QB!! who cares what a WR can Bench.. it tells you how strong your pectorial muscles are! thats it!

What about beating the press at the line of scrimmage or blocking downfield?

sorry, just venting a bit. If Tennessee can't do anything with 4 or 5 highly touted recievers coming into the year, I just don't see how they are going to be able to do jack with a WR that runs a 4.7

That's perfectly fine. I don't put much stock into recruiting services though

blocking isnt all bench.. and besides.. it's ALOT harder for someone who's long and lanky to bench than someone who's short and stocky, or just a lineman, who's got huge arms.. he's stronger than Ahmad Paige at least!

You know, if we're really recruiting this guy, I don't believe he runs a 4.7. You can't always go by what the recruiting sites say or by one poor 40 time somewhere. I don't know if you remember, but Rivals had Graig Cooper down for a 4.65 for a long time. In fact, it probably still says that on Rivals. Nobody in his right mind believes Coop runs a 4.65. That's laughable.

VN Store

Back