Darkhorse Playmakers for 2013

Darkhorse Playmakers 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hill IMO

Dude is a beast......

I like the big power backs a lot better then the smaller shifty backs.

No homo

Lewis and Vereen have bright futures ahead of them

There will be a number of darkhorse playmakers emerge this fall. I was impressed with the play of the defense in the O&W game. I also realize that the offense was playing with a very limited number of plays and that it was missing a number of starters because of injuries.

That being said, the two QBs coming in this summer are very talented and could push for playing time this fall. If we can get a couple of bigs on the OL and DL, we foundation will be laid for the future. If we continue to recruit the high caliber of athletics for the remaining 2014 players, happy days will be here again. Attitude still remains the most important factor in success and I really like the attitude of this staff and it has carried over to the players.

Last edited:
Never go full retard.

images.jpeg

From what I saw at the spring game, Hill will make the most of his opportunity when it comes. He ran the ball with passion!! Love it

Way too many options. Can we break this down into offense and defense, please?

I would say darkhorses, plural, because I expect there to be several darkhouses this season, especially on defense. I would say Lewis and Sapp. I also expect one of, maybe even both, J. Smith and C. Miller to finally play up to their potential and have a great year. I think Jancek and Stripling will get the most out of them. Same with Walls. I won't call McNeil a darkhorse because he was expected to be a playmaker when he arrived. I expect him to play a lot in the safety rotation next season.

On offense, Hill and Blanc. Like McNeil, I won't call Crooms a darkhorse because I expected him to be a star before he leaves UT, and with CP and Hunter leaving early I expect Croom to be 'that guy' in 2013.

I would say darkhorses, plural, because I expect there to be several darkhouses this season, especially on defense. I would say Lewis and Sapp. I also expect one of, maybe even both, J. Smith and C. Miller to finally play up to their potential and have a great year. I think Jancek and Stripling will get the most out of them. Same with Walls. I won't call McNeil a darkhorse because he was expected to be a playmaker when he arrived. I expect him to play a lot in the safety rotation next season.

On offense, Hill and Blanc. Like McNeil, I won't call Crooms a darkhorse because I expected him to be a star before he leaves UT, and with CP and Hunter leaving early I expect Croom to be 'that guy' in 2013.

When I say darkhorse I'm trying to imply Jr's and below because seniors such as Walls, Smith and Corey. I don't consider a a senior a darkhorse because IMO they should already proven their self but it goes both ways so whatever:ermm: I should of split it up in offense and defense.

Alden Hill will be another Arian Foster

That's where I'm at, I believe this Hill is going to be a horse...up the middle...a must stop for the D with are HOGS UP FRONT and when they commit 8 in the box look for some swing passes to YAK the opponents....just hold on the ball big fellow..

I think a big dark horse is not an individual on Defense rather than the whole D playing like no other.. Finally we get the pressure up front...LB are free to do there job and the DB confident and IN SHAPE to compete.

Last edited:
I'm really excited about our defensive front 7 and there back up's I think we could surprise!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When I say darkhorse I'm trying to imply Jr's and below because seniors such as Walls, Smith and Corey. I don't consider a a senior a darkhorse because IMO they should already proven their self but it goes both ways so whatever:ermm: I should of split it up in offense and defense.

Fair enough, but I would consider someone who has made it to his senior season with either no signficant PT or who has underachieved, a darkhorse going into their final season. But under your criteria I will go with Vereen on D and Blanc on O.

VN Store

Back