Dave Hart get 1 yr extension

Omg what has he done.... we sux n every sport other than lady bb n sb. I truly believe hart n cheek could care less about championships n will be satisfied with middle of pack sec performance n they still get big pay checks while tuition,tickets n every cost associated with university goes up.

Let cbj fall on his face n I say move both of their butts out of town.. I quit donating until they prove they r performing at a high level n I say others should do the same...

Buck hart n cheek. ....

Reactions: 1 person
I still think we need a better head of the ship. We will only be able to get so far with these knuckleheads at the helm.

Well he did hire a pretty good football coach...

That was luck.

He waited too long to remove Dooley and then struck out on all targets. I hope Jones is a big success, and Hart comes out smelling like a rose, because that's what's best for the program. But, let's not pretend that Jones was a top target.

Reactions: 3 people
That was luck.

He waited too long to remove Dooley and then struck out on all targets. I hope Jones is a big success, and Hart comes out smelling like a rose, because that's what's best for the program. But, let's not pretend that Jones was a top target.

QFT

And here is a sobering thought -- if Doofus somehow beats the commode doors, he is still HC at UT.

It is scary to think about what UT football would look like right now without the coaching change. And, like you said, it looked like Hart would have been trying to continue to sell Dooley to us if we had gone 6-6 with a bowl. Right now, we are a bad team with a great looking recruiting class, and everyone sounds optimistic that the program is trending upward. Consider having this team without the recruiting commitments. Yikes.

Just noticed that makes 11,000 posts. Unfortunately, it had a bit of a negative tone.

:baloon:

Last edited:
Wow. What a joke. We should go after MTSU's AD. They pretty much own us in every sport besides football.

I think the early buzz around CBJ and 60,000 + at the Orange and White game is enough for Hart to get one year. I also think that about 0% of us commenting on this matter have any idea what we are talking about.

Well he did hire a pretty good football coach...

As much as I want Jones to be successful we have no idea how this will turn out. Jones so far has been a great recruiter and promoter of the University. However, let's not pretend that 99% of the people on here (and basically any UT fan) could care less about that if he cannot win football games in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
It is scary to think about what UT football would look like right now without the coaching change. And, like you said, it looked like Hart would have been trying to continue to sell Dooley to us if we had gone 6-6 with a bowl. Right now, we are a bad team with a great looking recruiting class, and everyone sounds optimistic that the program is trending upward. Consider having this team without the recruiting commitments. Yikes.

Just noticed that makes 11,000 posts. Unfortunately, it had a bit of a negative tone.

:baloon:

What do u mean keep selling Dooley to us?? Did Hart come out and give full support to the guy during the whole Gruden fiasco??? He did not. Which allowed the situation to get way out of control and negatively engulf the program. Heck the AD at USC came out in full support of kiff after thier UCLA game when fans were caling for his head. He wasted no time because he knew it was best like him or not. And there is no hiding that the Haden doesn't like Kiffin.

Hart left Dooley out to dry in the most crucial season imaginable. For what ever reason it is. Hart is now on the clock and CBJ needs to produce quick or hart needs to go. And then CBJ will be on the clock.

Just like many on here believe my understanding is that UT football will struggle as long as Cheek is at UT.

When I start to think Hart isn't doing a good job, all I have to do is think about what Hamilton did & Hart looks REAL good!!

Reactions: 2 people
If you think that coaching search was handled efficiently, you probably thought Dooley was doing a good job as well.

No NCAA tourney no bowl game 100% supported and possibly hired the worst defensive coordinator in the history of organized football.
Why not get an extension - Wash DC does it all the time

What do u mean keep selling Dooley to us?? Did Hart come out and give full support to the guy during the whole Gruden fiasco??? He did not. Which allowed the situation to get way out of control and negatively engulf the program. Heck the AD at USC came out in full support of kiff after thier UCLA game when fans were caling for his head. He wasted no time because he knew it was best like him or not. And there is no hiding that the Haden doesn't like Kiffin.

Hart left Dooley out to dry in the most crucial season imaginable. For what ever reason it is. Hart is now on the clock and CBJ needs to produce quick or hart needs to go. And then CBJ will be on the clock.

Just like many on here believe my understanding is that UT football will struggle as long as Cheek is at UT.

The impression I got last year was that Dooley was not going to be fired unless Hart had no choice to the point of having a 2/3 empty stadium, which is probably what the KY game would have looked like with Dooley coaching coming off of the Vandy debacle. I will never be convinced that the Vandy game would not have been very different had UT played under an interim coach.

Had Dooley somehow beaten Vandy (and KY), he would still be here, which means Hart would be selling him as the best decision for us.

Basically, UT football has to be burned to ashes before the administration will make a coaching change. That's what I've come to learn.

Basically, UT football has to be burned to ashes before the administration will make a coaching change. That's what I've come to learn.

note however that this is not the case at bama, aub, sc, uf.

is it therefore any surprise that UT is no longer an SEC front runner?

note however that this is not the case at bama, aub, sc, uf.

is it therefore any surprise that UT is no longer an SEC front runner?

The only part I disagree with is that I wouldn't throw SCar in there.

Is his only job to hire coaches? Maybe he performed well in the other areas of the job and got the extension..

VN Store

Back