Dee Williams declares for NFL draft!

This is really surprising to me. Great athlete, but he hasn't shown anything on offense or defense. I don't think the NFL drafts someone just based on their return ability.

That being said, I really hope he does well wherever he goes.
umm they actually do quite often in the later rounds thats what most 5-7th rounders end up being special teams guys.

He’s likely out of our price range. We seem to be a more second tier program in the portal with not a ton to spend. It’s ok, we just need to lower our expectations as a program and see 8 or 9 wins as a ceiling and maybe a 10 win and get bounced first round of the playoffs every few years. The citrus bowl is pretty nice and pays out well
We will be fine . Don't get all upset. We have lots of WRs, RB and DBs who can do the job.

Must be a lot of guys feeling like, or being told, they have been recruited over or the NIL $ are not going to them.

We’re not settling for smaller guys. Holden Staes and Jermod McCoy were two of the most coveted guys at their positions. The MTSU DB is a depth piece. Our WR room is loaded next year and the sky is not falling my friend.
The UConn TE was better and we told him no despite him wanting to be here, staes is very overrated

OR a much more likely thought the staff did a risk reward analysis and it did not support going all in on him. He might not even be projected as a starter here next fall.
Well, he did post on Twitter that wherever he goes next would have to be a medical staff better than Texas A&M to diagnose him of his medical problems. I wonder also if that stopped our coaches from going after him?

GC9bIUqXoAAtbr1

Well...Boo...THIS would ne a GREAT opportunity for YOU!!!

Dee Williams could be another Cordarelle Patterson type in the NFL.

I actually believe that the staff is making room. They're not encouraging them to make a bad decision, but they're probably saying "transfer or go pro, but...we need your spot." We are super limited on space and there's bound to be more transfers available after spring practice....

I think that's why you're seeing some of these guys move on.
Yep! Getting those non-Heupel guys out of herre!

imagine thinking an NFL team will draft someone because they are an above average punt returner lol. They can just get a backup WR to do that. What other position skillset does he offer?

Doesn’t have to be drafted to play in the nfl

VN Store

Back