Denton back

Okay, that surprises me. What a great bit of news. Tony V will have some tough decisions to make. Gonna be a fun season.
What’s the surprise? He didn’t get drafted and still had his Covid year. Undrafted FA isn’t worth signing over college with NIL and the facilities. Most big college facilities are nicer than rookie ball or low A ball facilities. Go at it again and see if you can’t be drafted.

Heck, Amick has an All American bat but is very unproven on D. Most of his time at Clemson was at DH and then at 1B only when Grice was pitching. With Denton returning, I could see Amick rotating between 3B, DH, and 1B (to give Burke an occasional breather). You need Amick and Denton’s bats in the lineup every day but I suspect Denton will be the better defensive 3B. I’m sure the only promise CTV made was Amick would get every opportunity to compete at 3B.

Last edited:
Heck, Amick has an All American bat but is very unproven on D. Most of his time at Clemson was at DH and then at 1B when Grice was pitching. With Denton returning, I could see Amick rotating between 3B, DH, and 1B (to give Burke an occasional breather). You need Amick and Denton’s bats in the lineup every day but I suspect Denton will be the better defensive 3B. I’m sure the only promise CTV made was Amick would get every opportunity to compete at 3B.

Is this a double double post post??

VN Store

Back