Dinesh D’Souza Facing Law Suit for "2000 Mules"

Every person that recklessly uses words like racist, white supremacy, etc should be sued for everything they have or go to prison. Sure let’s do it.

Nobody is saying they should go to prison. Guess what?....when somebody calls you a racist, you can take them to court. This isn't anything special to D'Souza. That's the way things already work.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
So if an individual is put into a video like this and called a criminal they should have no recourse? Defamation shouldn't be against law?
Let me go back and re-read what I posted just to make sure I didn't say that I was against slander or liable...

OK, I didn't think so. I clearly brought up the example of Alex Jones, which is where I was going. They are going to make the fines/judgements so ridiculously high that people are going to not say anything that might be considered as going against a popular narrative.

Let me go back and re-read what I posted just to make sure I didn't say that I was against slander or liable...

OK, I didn't think so. I clearly brought up the example of Alex Jones, which is where I was going. They are going to make the fines/judgements so ridiculously high that people are going to not say anything that might be considered as going against a popular narrative.
The issue seems to be you're trying to join AJ to this case. This has nothing to do with an assault in the 1st as you're trying to make it. It has to do with someone putting out a video with someone else in it and claiming they're committing criminal acts when that didn't happen. Turns out it's an outright lie. Hopefully people doing that are held accountable. Why are you against that?

The issue seems to be you're trying to join AJ to this case. This has nothing to do with an assault in the 1st as you're trying to make it. It has to do with someone putting out a video with someone else in it and claiming they're committing criminal acts when that didn't happen. Turns out it's an outright lie. Hopefully people doing that are held accountable. Why are you against that?

Because there are alternative facts that you are failing to consider and attacking my right to present those alternative facts.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Again... let me go back and make sure I didn't say that I was against libel or slander...

OK, just making sure.

Again... let me go back and make sure I didn't say that I was against libel or slander...

OK, just making sure.
You made the claim that this is how free speech dies. How is that true in this case if you allow for the case of libel or slander?

You made the claim that this is how free speech dies. How is that true in this case if you allow for the case of libel or slander?
If he is guilty, I would expect a reasonable set of consequences. Not a billion dollar fine or even anything close to that. But the precedent has been set with Alex Jones. Also, I can see this being weaponized against people that say something that is counter to the approved narrative, like the safety of vaccines for example. Pfizer or Moderna could just as easily sue someone for deformation and have the CDC and FDA support them and take someone to the cleaners.

"Against a popular narrative?" Dude, you might not know the difference between truth and malicious lies. You might not even care about the difference. But there is an important difference which some people do care about and understand.

If he is guilty, I would expect a reasonable set of consequences. Not a billion dollar fine or even anything close to that. But the precedent has been set with Alex Jones. Also, I can see this being weaponized against people that say something that is counter to the approved narrative, like the safety of vaccines for example. Pfizer or Moderna could just as easily sue someone for deformation and have the CDC and FDA support them and take someone to the cleaners.
For example
When Oprah Winfrey Feuded With The Texas Beef Industry (buzzfeednews.com)

Reactions: davethevol
So this is how free speech will die. Alex Jones and now this. They will just use the courts to discourage counter-narratives.

You are posting as if those were America's first libel cases. They weren't. Far from it. When someone goes too far astray from acceptable behavior as defined by law, then the discrepancy should be resolved by law, in court.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back