Directv....

If I recall correctly, on Directv there will be two channels. One will designated PPV and then one will be for the Gameplan. If you live outside Tennessee and go to the PPV, it will say it is blacked out. If you live inside Tennessee and go to Gameplan channel, it also will say blacked out. So wait till both on are there and pick the right one.

Technically its on your local station I assume KAIT (Jonesboro) which just happens to be your local ABC affiliate.

ABC has nothing to do with the broadcast.

40/29 abc in ft smith.

But I get your point. abc owns espn right?

That is so incredibly wrong. It is PPV inside the state of Tennessee. Outside of Tennessee it is free on ESPN 3 or you can order ESPN Gameplan.

Have to pay the IP (Comcast) -- so its not free -- Comcast does nothing for free and GP is like 150 and the bastards wont give a payment spread out so the next bill is huge.

Have to pay the IP (Comcast) -- so its not free -- Comcast does nothing for free and GP is like 150 and the bastards wont give a payment spread out so the next bill is huge.

Direct breaks GP down to 4 payments of $29.99 IIRC.

Everyone deep breath!! :mf_surrender:

I have DirecTV and have had no problem ordering the Vols PPV games the last 6 or 8 years!

:search:
Its not unusual for the game to not show up on (on-screen guides) for ordering until as late as Saturday morning!

Don't worry. If you live in Tennessee it will be available to BUY on PPV!!

A lot of folks get confused!

Is it blacked-out in Tennessee? YES, On ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3!

Is the Game on PPV? YES, In Tennessee, you will have to BUY the game on PPV to view it in Tennessee.

Is the game available outside of Tennessee! YES, it will be available though ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3!

W/ due respect I have been a directv customer in Nashville for past 12 yrs. I think we were good to go last yr, but some ut games were NOT avl via pay per view in yrs past.

Last edited:
In years past there were ways to go through an overseas proxy so that you could watch ESPN3 on Comcast even if you lived in TN and the game was blacked out. Not that I know anyone who would ever do such a thing... outside of the NSA who probably tapes all of the games without paying for them for "national security" reasons.

Come to think of it, given how closely they guard their secrets, it might be easier just to hack directly into the NSA to watch the game that way.

Reactions: 1 person
W/ due respect I have been a directv customer in Nashville for past 12 yrs. I think we were good to go last yr, but some ut games were NOT avl via pay per view in yrs past.

I have been able to order the yearly PPV game for the past 5-6-8 years. We have had DirecTV since around 1996/97

Just got off the phone with Directv and they said the game was NOT going to be available for PPV!!!!!! Has anyone else confirmed this? If so what's my other options, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if this site works yet. But if I don't get it on PPV, i'll try this site I was told on here. Some guy posted this website in another thread saying how to catch any VOLS game on the internet. Here is the link.

www. vipbox.tv

Everyone deep breath!! :mf_surrender:

I have DirecTV and have had no problem ordering the Vols PPV games the last 6 or 8 years!

:search:
Its not unusual for the game to not show up on (on-screen guides) for ordering until as late as Saturday morning!

Don't worry. If you live in Tennessee it will be available to BUY on PPV!!

A lot of folks get confused!

Is it blacked-out in Tennessee? YES, On ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3!

Is the Game on PPV? YES, In Tennessee, you will have to BUY the game on PPV to view it in Tennessee.

Is the game available outside of Tennessee! YES, it will be available though ESPN Gameplan & ESPN3!

This information is exactly correct as I have had the same experience over the past few years, however, one must wait until around noon on game day to get the PPV game scheduled.

I don't know if this site works yet. But if I don't get it on PPV, i'll try this site I was told on here. Some guy posted this website in another thread saying how to catch any VOLS game on the internet. Here is the link.

www. vipbox.tv

I see this link thrown around so often, and I cannot stress enough how careful people need to be with this site.

Will you be able to watch the Tennessee/AP game? Yes. Vipbox streams nearly EVERY live sporting event, including PPV events such as boxing, MMA, and WWE, so I guarantee they will have a link to watch the Tennessee game.

The catch? The website is FULL of spyware, adware, and other malicious code. Ignorant (no offense to anyone) people about pop-ups get on this site and click on some boxes in a pop-up, and then their PC is flooded with harmful virus-type spyware.

If you decide to use vipbox, please, please, please do not install ANYTHING it asks you to, even flash or java. Be super cautious when closing windows -- the new wave of pop-up ads hide the "x" to close the window, so you think you click the "x", but actually you just clicked a link to another pop-up. I also highly recommend you back-up your files, and install some sort of spy/adware detection software.

/rant

Reactions: 3 people
I see this link thrown around so often, and I cannot stress enough how careful people need to be with this site.

Will you be able to watch the Tennessee/AP game? Yes. Vipbox streams nearly EVERY live sporting event, including PPV events such as boxing, MMA, and WWE, so I guarantee they will have a link to watch the Tennessee game.

The catch? The website is FULL of spyware, adware, and other malicious code. Ignorant (no offense to anyone) people about pop-ups get on this site and click on some boxes in a pop-up, and then their PC is flooded with harmful virus-type spyware.

If you decide to use vipbox, please, please, please do not install ANYTHING it asks you to, even flash or java. Be super cautious when closing windows -- the new wave of pop-up ads hide the "x" to close the window, so you think you click the "x", but actually you just clicked a link to another pop-up. I also highly recommend you back-up your files, and install some sort of spy/adware detection software.

/rant

Wonder if Ipad or mac might mitigate some of the malware adware etc..

Wonder if Ipad or mac might mitigate some of the malware adware etc..

Not sure about Mac. I use a macbook for my every day affairs, and it's got a lot of important stuff on it (which I backup daily); I would never even consider using it to stream from vipbox (or sites like it, ie firstrowsports.eu), just because I'm that wary of the site.

I have an old crusty desktop computer hooked up to my 46" that I use for live-streaming MMA and the like, and seasonal PC gaming, so I'm not too worried about that machine being infected. It doesn't have any critical data on it.

As for iPad, I don't know if the iOS browser on the mobile device will allow the stream. Never tried.

Before the "DirecTV hates us" bandwagon gets rolling, pay per view events for college football are rarely populated in the channel guide this early in the week. If it isn't there by Saturday morning then I'd start to worry. The official UT press release says DirecTV will have the game. Even the ESPN Gameplan channels are still showing "To Be Announced" for me.

Also, phone representatives usually have no clue about what will or will not be on.

Or a clue about anything else for that matter!

VN Store

Back