DJ Jefferson not practicing?

Barnes quote on him was "He has not lived up to what we want to do in all facets of the program."

Read into that what you will....

Barnes quote on him was "He has not lived up to what we want to do in all facets of the program."

Read into that what you will....
Hope it's not academic. If he failed a drug test for pot, he can get back in good graces by testing negative on every test forward, which would probably be mandatory and weekly

Ben McKee on 247 makes it sound like he’s not long for this world.
hes-dying-sam-winchester.gif

He was probably going to get some decent minutes this upcoming season before landing Knecht and getting JJJ back.

The season after, he would still be backing up Mashack, and even then minutes aren’t guaranteed for him depending on the portal.

I hope he ends up staying, but if he leaves someone will be getting an athletic freak.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Hope the kid sticks around. But wouldn't be a huge loss this season at least.

Not what I meant, but here is Ben’s quote:

• Redshirt-freshman forward DJ Jeffersonwas the lone non-participant who didn't practice because of some form of injury. He was present for media day activities, but was not present for practice because "he hasn’t lived up to what we want him to do and all that facets of the program," Barnes said during his press conference. Jefferson not currently practicing is a result of several 'small things' adding up and a 'big thing' pushing things to a breaking point, GoVols247 learned.”
Sorry for the confusion

I hope that's not true. I wouldn't want him to die.
Does he have a mortal illness that hasn't been previously reported.

It's an Expression ; as I'm sure that most of yall are familiar. "He is not long for this world". Meaning he is probably outtahere. (as a UT Player)

He was probably going to get some decent minutes this upcoming season before landing Knecht and getting JJJ back.

The season after, he would still be backing up Mashack, and even then minutes aren’t guaranteed for him depending on the portal.

I hope he ends up staying, but if he leaves someone will be getting an athletic freak.
Etsu could use him! He would dominate the socon.

• Redshirt-freshman forward DJ Jeffersonwas the lone non-participant who didn't practice because of some form of injury. He was present for media day activities, but was not present for practice because "he hasn’t lived up to what we want him to do and all that facets of the program," Barnes said during his press conference. Jefferson not currently practicing is a result of several 'small things' adding up and a 'big thing' pushing things to a breaking point, GoVols247 learned.”
Sorry for the confusion
Sounds to me like he got in trouble but didn’t get kicked off the team. I’m not sure how this implies that he’s thinking about transferring. He might be, but it kinda seems to me like they’re working through it whatever it is

We seem to always have 1 player that relies on their talent over hard work for minutes.

Sorry for the confusion
Ben's first point about "some form of injury" and then Barnes' subsequent remarks could mean that DJ has not been faithful in his rehab program. Possibly as a result, he's been behind schedule on his return-to-play worksheet, and delinquent in his individual shooting & skills practices.

That's my most benign hypothesis.

I'd rather start by presuming the best about a person. Then, if they prove me wrong--it's on them.

A previous poster mentioned "not long for this world".
That's how you refer to someone who's dying.
At least he didn't say "he has one foot in the grave".
Awww come on, Special Ed -- Stop being an "ability to communicate in your native language" nazi!

If it's important, auto correct will fix it when we hit Enter.

A previous poster mentioned "not long for this world".
That's how you refer to someone who's dying.
At least he didn't say "he has one foot in the grave".
Did I see his pic at the Market Square deal last night or not? Any update on his practice time allocations?

VN Store

Back