Do our Tackles have a short hook Saturday?

I’m hoping (although it’s fading) that Heupel proves to be smart enough to change the scheme or play calls to fit what his guys are capable of doing in order to win. What we’ve seen the last 6 quarters is very troubling. He needs to show that he’s not stubborn like some of our past coaching mistakes.

I’m hoping (although it’s fading) that Heupel proves to be smart enough to change the scheme or play calls to fit what his guys are capable of doing in order to win. What we’ve seen the last 6 quarters is very troubling. He needs to show that he’s not stubborn like some of our past coaching mistakes.
He's definitely not as smart as most of the posters here. None of our coaches have been.

Just wondering if Heard and Campbell start out playing poorly again, will Elarbee and Heupel quickly bring in Johnson and Davis or just stick it out with the starters.
If we’re not getting better play it will probably be do more to our game plan…we had plenty of confusion along the OL with blocking assignments last week. If that’s not better I’m not sure changing personnel will do much. Being at home we should have less noise when our offense is on the field so maybe that is the fix we need.

but yea, I’d have all of them on a short leash if they arent playing well. If the two deep doesn’t get it done we have several redshirt freshmen to try out.

The footage of Landon Jackson owning Heard should fire up any half decent edge rusher in the SEC. He was that bad last week. Worst part is Campbell wasn't much better. They're going too have to figure out something there or they're not going to keep teams off Nico. I mean Bama and UGA have much better lines than Arkansas.

They don’t announce it, but RBs that fumble or miss pass pro and receivers that drop passes have definitely lost playing time. DBs, LBs, and OL have been pretty safe because of lack of depth.
Easy example is dylan Sampson falling behind jabari small his first two years because of pass pro. Desean bishop didnt get more snaps in the Arkansas game due to the same issues I believe.

Reactions: VAVol85
Easy example is dylan Sampson falling behind jabari small his first two years because of pass pro. Desean bishop didnt get more snaps in the Arkansas game due to the same issues I believe.
Bishop ran like Tarzan last week. Blocked like Jane. RBs often have a hard time with a huge part of their game that they have never been asked to do until they hit college.

Reactions: JankyVol22
Bishop ran like Tarzan last week. Blocked like Jane. RBs often have a hard time with a huge part of their game that they have never been asked to do until they hit college.
Well said, and protecting the franchise (QB for most teams) is more important and kills your touches. On a side note I'm loving some desean bishop this year and hope he can quickly improve on the details of pass blocking. Dylan Sampson is gonna need some plays off

Reactions: VAVol85
I think Campbell will get some relief due to the situation with his knees.
Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy
D. Some combination of the three

Either way, this home stretch would be the time to make a change at LT if you're going to do it. His play at LT is a liability regardless of the reason.
my vote is D

One thing to remember, Heard and the rest of the O-line haven't played a lot together. They played less than a half in opener and Heard went down against NCST. Ark game was first complete game as a complete unit. Hopefully the more they play together they will communicate better and get better continuity. All we can hope is that Heard will play into game shape and improve his footwork and technique. If not it will be a rough season for the O-line and the rest of the offense.

VN Store

Back