Do you Draft a VOL??

derekdoolander

I just finished a mock-draft for the upcoming Fantasy Football Season and there were plenty of VFL's up for grabs. I took CP in the 10th round--Sleeper Steal! Of course Arian and Peyton were both taken in the top 5 picks. But It got me thinking...

-Do you plan on taking any Vols in this years draft??

-Do you get superstitious about picking Vols (like the Madden cover curse)?

-Have any Vols in the past busted your Fantasy Season??

-Do you feel guilty about picking hated ex-college enemies?

I'll hang up and listen...

I draft every Vol I can. I'm a super-homer with my fantasy teams, even to the extent that its a detriment to my team.

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna draft CP for sure. Maybe Foster, but Meachem has screwed me over too many times to risk drafting him agn

No I gotta agree with JCSvol, I've worn the orange-tinted glasses on many a draft days. Peerless, Kelly Washington, Hardesty..... Bad choices

I wear them to an extent but still try to stay level headed. I have Peyton Manning as a keeper in one of my leagues and I am going to try and get CP as a sleeper late in that draft as well

I love the Vols, but when it comes to NFL, I make my picks based on NFL likes or dislikes. I don't necessarily avoid drafting players that I hated in college. I simply try to avoid drafting Falcons, because I want them to lose every game they play.

Not usually until the later rounds. If there's a Foster or Manning available early when I pick then yea, ill pick up a Vol. Where I take my chances on Vols is in the 8th round and after (Hardesty, D Moore, Stocker, etc)

no reason Peyton should go in the top 5 picks. Probably shouldn't go in the top 5 rounds. CP should go undrafted or last round if at all. Foster should go top 5.

no reason Peyton should go in the top 5 picks. Probably shouldn't go in the top 5 rounds. CP should go undrafted or last round if at all. Foster should go top 5.

Depends on the league. Some leagues Peyton should go in the 3rd/4th round, when QBs start being picked. He is a top 3/4 QB still, I think. especially with the new offensive additions and him/team playing a year together already.....

Foster is the highest Vol to take. Followed by either Peyton or Witten (only in a PPR league). Witten in a PPR league is like being a #1 receiver in fantasy stats......

I love the Vols, but when it comes to NFL, I make my picks based on NFL likes or dislikes. I don't necessarily avoid drafting players that I hated in college. I simply try to avoid drafting Falcons, because I want them to lose every game they play.

Haha, how's that workin out for ya? Even your QB is a Falcons fan and roots for us when he isn't losing to us, how does that make you feel?

Foster won me a great deal of money a couple of yers ago when he busted onto the scene. So yes. I will also look at D Moore and Patterson this year.

I will take a few but i play on fanduel and its a daily league so i wont have to worry about them all year.CP good be a nice cheap wr on there the first few weeks.If you havent ever played there i would recommend it.

Foster is the highest Vol to take. Followed by either Peyton or Witten (only in a PPR league). Witten in a PPR league is like being a #1 receiver in fantasy stats......

As much as Romo relies on Witten between the twenties, it is a shame that he doesn't look to him more in the end zone. Jason would be an even more productive fantasy pick if that was the case.

Denarius Moore is going later in a lot of the mocks I've done. He's a really good value IMO, given that he has a chance to be his team's number one receiver. As for CP or Hunter, in a keeper league they're worth a pick based on future value, but it's kind of doubtful either will contribute much this year. I hope I'm wrong about that though, especially Hunter since he plays for the Titans.

I just finished a mock-draft for the upcoming Fantasy Football Season and there were plenty of VFL's up for grabs. I took CP in the 10th round--Sleeper Steal! Of course Arian and Peyton were both taken in the top 5 picks. But It got me thinking...

-Do you plan on taking any Vols in this years draft??

-Do you get superstitious about picking Vols (like the Madden cover curse)?

-Have any Vols in the past busted your Fantasy Season??

-Do you feel guilty about picking hated ex-college enemies?

I'll hang up and listen...

I don't know! However, I do know that I will see Stone, Richardson, Fulton, James, Couch, McCullers, Hood & A.J. Johnson drafted in the next NFL draft... Am I missing anyone????

Im no homer when it comes to fantasy but taking CP or Jhunt late is just a solid pick up

I hope you aren't in money leagues. If so, this is the stupidest post of the day...............

Meh, I care more about the Vols than winning in any fantasy league. That being said, I've never missed the playoffs in any of my leagues so far.

Denarius Moore is going later in a lot of the mocks I've done. He's a really good value IMO, given that he has a chance to be his team's number one receiver. As for CP or Hunter, in a keeper league they're worth a pick based on future value, but it's kind of doubtful either will contribute much this year. I hope I'm wrong about that though, especially Hunter since he plays for the Titans.

I think CP produces before Hunter

Our league is not set up like a default league. QB's get more points than anyone else in our league so yes, he should go in the top 5 or 10 picks. Depends on the league

Never draft rookie receivers unless you are in a league that counts return yards. I may take a flier with my final pick on a Vol rookie but I never expect much.

Haha, how's that workin out for ya? Even your QB is a Falcons fan and roots for us when he isn't losing to us, how does that make you feel?

You have a short memory. The last time we played, your team had to make a comeback just to keep it within ten points. Atlanta had 35 total yards at the half.
Before that, it took a poor coaching decision to give you a chance to win the game by 2 points at home.

Neither are Vols, OP, but if you are choosing between Cam Newton and Matt Ryan in fantasy football...the choice is clear.

VN Store

Back