Does Kamal Hadden have another year?

I don’t know that he does have another year, but we will see. He played Juco and then went to Auburn for a year, and then he transferred and played 2 years for us. So from what I can gather is he has played 5 years? lol. I’m not sure though

Top 5 corner in the country before the injury. Has a chance to be a 1st round pick if he comes back and continues to improve.
Hadden looked like he was about the only guy out there that can play press coverage and be okay most of the time.
He also was the only guy back there who was improving week to week. Young man was putting in the work

I was under the assumption he was out of eligibility. But per his twitter...

View attachment 601487

He has played 4 years. in 2020 he was in junior college and had his season cancelled. I always thought that he would still get another year. due to COVID. When UT has been asked this season, they always said he did not. Hopefully he appealed and the NCAA will grant him another year. That might be what this is about but I'm not seen any hard confirmation

that would not surprise me either. players like to troll fans on social media... they love watching message board reactions
Why wouldn’t he have another year though? Wasn’t 2020 his first year of college ball? I’m having a hard time finding much on his high school/JUCO career but from what I’m seeing it looks like he played JUCO in 2020 before transferring to Auburn for a short time (never actually played there I don’t believe).

Why wouldn’t he have another year though? Wasn’t 2020 his first year of college ball? I’m having a hard time finding much on his high school/JUCO career but from what I’m seeing it looks like he played JUCO in 2020 before transferring to Auburn for a short time (never actually played there I don’t believe).
the way some people have explained 2020 to me, was that the NCAA didn't count 2020 and if you were playing that year it didn't count. So that meant you still had 5 years to play 4. From UT standpoint, he "used 2020 as a redshirt" year and played the other 4 years using up his eligibility. That didn't make sense to me because Joe Milton played 5 years plus a redshirt year. So I felt Hadden should get 6 years to play like Joe.

Long explanation that I don't agree with but is how it was explained to me. below is his history

2019 he played at Independence
2020 no football, cancelled at Independence
2021 at Tennessee 7 games
2022 at Tennessee 9 games
2023 at Tennessee 7 games

I don’t know that he does have another year, but we will see. He played Juco and then went to Auburn for a year, and then he transferred and played 2 years for us. So from what I can gather is he has played 5 years? lol. I’m not sure though
I don't think he was at auburn for a year. I think he just spent spring practice with them and transferred after that.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back